Bill Kilpack at Salt Lake Community College

Bill Kilpack

Number of ratings 47 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

4/14/14

COMM1020

Really enjoyed class. Lecture was always interesting with his personal stories. Quite a bit of work, but NO busy work. Tests aren't too hard if you study. If you don't, you got no room to complain. Highly recommended!

4/11/14

Com1020

Great class. Professor has examples and stories for about everything. Fun, funny, learned a lot. RECOMMENDED.

3/27/14

COMM 1020

Grade ReceivedC+

The only way you'll do well in this class is if you share the same views as him. I truly am comfortable speaking in front of others and everyone else loved my speeches, yet he only gave me a C. Be sure you speak about his interests. P.s. he loves to talk about himself, that's all you'll really learn about.

1/12/14

COMM1020

DEFINITELY my favorite teacher! He loves to teach public speaking does it in a way that gets his students to love it too. I learned so much from him without really realizing it, and I remember what I learned because I enjoyed it so much! I always recommend his classes to others. If all teachers were like him, then everyone would love learning!

1/8/14

comm 1020

This teacher lectures only about his experiences as a wrestler. He is also very slow at grading material if at all. It is impossible to know your grade until after the final, when he gives you whatever grade he feels you deserve. Would never take another class from him....

12/6/13

comm 1020

class taught how to perfect public speaking and also received great feedback on all assignments. professor is amazing and always encouraged improvement.

11/11/13

COMM 1010

Best class of the semester! Bill is an awesome professor. He applies everything to life and uses excellent examples. We only did a few presentations, but I am so much better at public speaking than before. He tells you exactly what he expects, doesn't give ridiculous assignments and is always willing to help. I will be taking Comm1020 from him now!

10/4/13

com 1010

Grade ReceivedB

Great class. Really cares about his students learning and being able to apply material to life. I am not the typical student and he did not treat me different. Much appreciated. Highly recommended.

8/13/13

com1010

Great class. Great professor.

8/6/13

com1010

Amazing teacher. Good sense of humor. Good guidance. I probably needed more than most. Thanks for your patience Bill. It really helped.

7/11/13

COMM1010

Great teacher has so many stories to tell, love this class.

7/7/13

1010 and 1020

Took 1010, best class I'd had at SLCC. Then took 1020. Even better! Kilpack is awesome. REALLY wants you to learn all that he can stuff into your brain, be it communication, college or just life. HIGHLY recommend him. Fun and furious. Kilpack rocks!

5/8/13

comm-1020

Love that coach comment. Bunch of us actually called him that in class. He definitely gives off the coach vibe. Great class. Great professor. Go, live, learn and enjoy. Thanks coach!

4/22/13

Comm1010

Great class. Wish I had it beforehand. Wouldve helped alot in other courses. Bill is great. More like a coach than a teacher. I like that. If you don't pull your weight he lets you know. Then tries to help fix it. Like a good coach should. Thank you Bill. Youre appreciated.

4/9/13

Comm 1020

My favorite teacher ever!!! My husband forced me to take the class, but Bill made it worth it. Hated public speaking. Now I know I can do it!!!

2/7/13

COM1020

Loved this class. Much harder than expected. Worth it though. Bill is funny which helps make the medicine go down.

1/1/13

com1020

Favorite class. Fun. learned alot. What college is supposed to be.

12/6/12

COM1010

Hard class but very useful. Bill has high expectations of students. Stuff I learned there really helped me in my other coursework and in work-work. One assignment actually landed me a job. I am grateful for the experience. Wish he taught more classes I need to graduate.

10/22/12

COMM1010

Nearly impossible to get an A if you miss over 2 days. Takes off points for stupid mistakes that are opinion based. Seemed more like a technical writing class than a communications class. Glad to be done with him.

8/5/12

COM1010

Took class for concurrent enrollment. NOTHING like high school. Hard but great. Bill taught me a LOT. Thank-you Bill.

More Communication professors at Salt Lake Community College