in Salt Lake Community College that teach Communication Edit
at Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, UT
B
12/11/2014
good
COM 1020 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Gives good feedback" "Participation matters" "Respected by students"

Professor Kilpack allowed us to be creative with our subjects in assignments. He gave us a basic guidelinethread and let us write and speak about anything that we could relate to it.

10/04/2014
good
Comm 1010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Inspirational" "Respected by students" "Gives good feedback"

Professor was real with the class. He talked to us on a level that made sense and made it interesting to listen to, especially with the stories from his own experience. I was also extremely impressed by the feedback that was given on our assignments. It was very useful and very detailed. Best feedback I have ever received in a class.

08/14/2014
good
Com1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A-

Every assignment we were given had real world application. I never felt like I was doing busy work. Bill's feedback on assignments also helped me to improve for future class and work experiences. Having a great teacher who makes class interesting and fun to go to really helped me learn. I always learned something new and that was awesome.

06/03/2014
good
Comm 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Class was hard but I learned a LOT. I'm at Westminster now. Bill's COM class was the ONLY class I took at SLCC that prepared me for the rigor of classes here. Not hard to figure out since Bill is a Westminster grad. Thanks Bill. The hard work you required is paying off.

04/30/2014
good
COMM 1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Most important thing I learned from this instructor...He likes to talk about himself..a lot! So just make sure to periodically let him and it seems to help with the grade you receive. Honestly I've heard he is one of the harder comm 1020 instructors just because of the amount of work you have to do. 6 speeches and 2 papers throughout the semester.

04/14/2014
good
COMM1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Really enjoyed class. Lecture was always interesting with his personal stories. Quite a bit of work, but NO busy work. Tests aren't too hard if you study. If you don't, you got no room to complain. Highly recommended!

04/11/2014
good
Com1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great class. Professor has examples and stories for about everything. Fun, funny, learned a lot. RECOMMENDED.

03/27/2014
COMM 1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: C+

The only way you'll do well in this class is if you share the same views as him. I truly am comfortable speaking in front of others and everyone else loved my speeches, yet he only gave me a C. Be sure you speak about his interests. P.s. he loves to talk about himself, that's all you'll really learn about.

01/12/2014
good
COMM1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

DEFINITELY my favorite teacher! He loves to teach public speaking does it in a way that gets his students to love it too. I learned so much from him without really realizing it, and I remember what I learned because I enjoyed it so much! I always recommend his classes to others. If all teachers were like him, then everyone would love learning!

01/08/2014
comm 1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This teacher lectures only about his experiences as a wrestler. He is also very slow at grading material if at all. It is impossible to know your grade until after the final, when he gives you whatever grade he feels you deserve. Would never take another class from him....

12/06/2013
good
comm 1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

class taught how to perfect public speaking and also received great feedback on all assignments. professor is amazing and always encouraged improvement.

11/11/2013
good
COMM 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Best class of the semester! Bill is an awesome professor. He applies everything to life and uses excellent examples. We only did a few presentations, but I am so much better at public speaking than before. He tells you exactly what he expects, doesn't give ridiculous assignments and is always willing to help. I will be taking Comm1020 from him now!

10/04/2013
good
com 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

Great class. Really cares about his students learning and being able to apply material to life. I am not the typical student and he did not treat me different. Much appreciated. Highly recommended.

08/13/2013
good
com1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great class. Great professor.

08/06/2013
good
com1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Amazing teacher. Good sense of humor. Good guidance. I probably needed more than most. Thanks for your patience Bill. It really helped.

07/11/2013
good
COMM1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher has so many stories to tell, love this class.

07/07/2013
good
1010 and 1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took 1010, best class I'd had at SLCC. Then took 1020. Even better! Kilpack is awesome. REALLY wants you to learn all that he can stuff into your brain, be it communication, college or just life. HIGHLY recommend him. Fun and furious. Kilpack rocks!

05/08/2013
good
comm-1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Love that coach comment. Bunch of us actually called him that in class. He definitely gives off the coach vibe. Great class. Great professor. Go, live, learn and enjoy. Thanks coach!

04/22/2013
good
Comm1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great class. Wish I had it beforehand. Wouldve helped alot in other courses. Bill is great. More like a coach than a teacher. I like that. If you don't pull your weight he lets you know. Then tries to help fix it. Like a good coach should. Thank you Bill. Youre appreciated.

04/09/2013
good
Comm 1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

My favorite teacher ever!!! My husband forced me to take the class, but Bill made it worth it. Hated public speaking. Now I know I can do it!!!