in Community College of Philadelphia that teach Chemistry Edit
Dorothy Plappert
Professor in the Chemistry department
at Community College of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
are you Dorothy Plappert?

04/30/2014
good
chem 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A

wonderful! Beautiful notes nice easy lab. but class NOT an easy A.You get an A if you deserve it but it's hard to fail her. 4 tests drops the lowest and in addition to that a final. Study and you'll do well. Makes chem fun and easy no need for textbook

05/03/2012
good
Chem122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I hope God prolong her life, so she may keep doing what she does best.

11/29/2011
good
chem121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent teacher hands down. I really enjoyed her lectures and never missed class. Very fuuny and enjoys teaching. Hope I get her for 122. She teaches to the point where you get it unless you're just lazy to study. To sum it all up, if not the best teacher, one of the best teacher CCP has and a good asset to the school. Keep it up DMP!

04/02/2011
good
CHEM122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

By FAR the best teacher at CCP! LOVE her! She's so cool and sweet, helps u out alot! Lectures are fun and she makes u want to learn, not boring and dry! Tests are straight to the point,not tricky, she even lets u pick which prblms u want to do! Take her lab too! Very helpful, she writes the procedure out for u and even goes over the lab calculation

01/20/2011
good
Chem121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I LOVED her in 121 so much that I'm taking her this semester for 122. She is ALWAYS willing to stay after class for questions and clarify during lecture. her style is very relaxed, so stay on top of you work. If you work hard, she'll meet you half way with grading. I got an A in her 121 and plan to do the same in this class.

12/19/2010
good
chem121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She gives out handouts, so don't bother with the book. She clearly enjoys teaching and captures your interest in her own way. Only teaches evenings though because she teaches high school during the day. Tests are reasonable and she gives extra credit options as well as "pick 5 out of 12 questions" options. Would recommend her to anyone.

12/02/2010
good
Chem110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is the best!! Mrs. Plappert is the nicest lady, so helpful and she really wants you to learn!!! She even helps you to the best of her ability without giving you the answers during the test! I love having class with her and I am definitely taking her next semester!

11/14/2009
good
Chem121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I love this professor, she has a great teaching ability. I was having family troubles in the beginning of the sememster and she totally understood. I was able to still pass her class.

05/01/2009
good
chem121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Ms Plappert is a great teacher. She likes to teach and is ever willing to help if you ask. She explains her topics and wouldn't mind repeating an entire lecture for everyone to catch up.I have never been good in the sciences, especially chemistry because of my background in the arts way back in Africa. Ms Plappert gave me my first "A" in chemistry.

11/23/2008

this has been the worst semester yet to date. she is ok, not great. talks way to much and then at the end of the semester she wants to pile up a bunch of stuff, not cool. we have only had 2 exams and then she gives a take home test on material we have barely touched the surface of. i am not thrilled.