in Western Connecticut State University that teach Chemistry Edit

08/31/2014
good
ORG211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Hines changed my life. He is tough, passionate and above all fair. If you do poorly in his class it is because you didn't try or don't have an aptitude for chemistry. There are no better professors to be found.

05/03/2012
good
CHE102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Hines is no pushover. He is hard and makes sure you LEARN his class. DONT GIVE UP! He is a puppy dog on the inside if you give him a chance. He made such a difference in this mans life that I wish I had more than 350 limit for! Dont just go to his lectures - SHOW up for life! He has soooo much more to offer than a grade in a class!

05/26/2011
CHE102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I have never had a worse professor in my life. The man is intolerable. He will fail you for no reason. Does not grade fairly. He is more concerned about telling you his life than teaching. Hardest tests ever. DO. NOT. TAKE HIM.

04/29/2011

He is a nice guy but if you like to know where you stand in his class forget it because he takes forever to grade.

12/05/2010
good
CHEM102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher and individual, will do anything in his power to help a student earn a passing grade. His passionate and willingness to help is amazing. One of the best teachers I have had at WCSU, A lot of material stay on top of it and take advantage of the office hours.

01/22/2008
CHEM210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

It is a difficult class. A lot of material to go through. He explains it well.

08/16/2007
good
Chem102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

OMG! I thought this would be easy bc it's summer. I was soooo wrong! 2 hr lecture 2 hr lab, his watch is like 7 minutes slow so you never get out on time. Handed in last lab report b4 the first one was even handed back. 2 weeks after the class has ended and still NO grade! Don't take this class, take Bio!

07/15/2007
CHEany Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Nightmare. Absolute Nightmare. Prof Hine's classes should come with a warning label.Overly intense.Does not grade or answer emails on a timely basis.Would have NEVER taken this class if I knew in advance how it was. Do yourself a favor and avoid!

08/08/2006
good
Chem 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Hines is an exceptional professor, not only is he a teacher, but an amazing individual. I took this course in the summer and it was very intense, but he made it fun, he loves teaching and the first question out of his mouth is " May I help anyone?". I recommend you take him, especially if you are not a science major, he is very caring! :)

08/03/2006
good
Chem 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Hines is really a great teacher. He is passionate about his profession and is ready to work with you if you need it. I took the class in the summer and it was very intense. Lab quizes were easy and the tests were hard if you didn't study! Whether you are interested in Chemistry or not he will make it enjoyable! He is all about helping you.

12/14/2005
good
organic chem Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Hines is the best teacher I have ever had. Never have I ever seen a teacher so dedicated to his work. He has a passion for teaching like no other. He is in the science building from early morning to late at night, so he is always around to answer any question you might have at any time. It is impossible to dislike him.

12/14/2005
good
organic Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took Organic in 04-05 & Dr. Hines was & still is the best prof I've ever had. Organic is kinda hard, but he made it simple to me. He's busy so he might not be able to get to e-mails. If you make an appointment though he never seems to miss it. He's very caring, but will tell you you are doing too much, when he obviously does too much.

11/27/2005
good
General Comment Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I remember when I first came to WestConn as a freshman, Mr. Hines sat next to my family and introduced himself to my whole group and let me know if I ever had any problems to see him. He offered to be my advisor and was willing to help me out with anything. If you want the nicest chem. teacher choose Hines.

10/27/2005
good

a passionate teacher but did not return my emails. i forgive you, paul.

09/13/2005
good
everday chemist Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher I ever had in this school. Simply the best. Heart of gold and unrivaled passion and energy. eats chalk... but we all have our quirks. lol. If you can ever get a class with him do it. you won't be sorry. i promise.

08/25/2005
good
organic Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

great guy, thinks very highly of his students. study and rewrite your notes EVERY night, and don't get behind, there is A LOT of material. lab is really fun. he does procrastinate and takes a long time to hand exams back so know the review sheets cold and you will walk out knowing you did well, and probably earn an 85% easily on his exams

06/27/2005
good
che210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

was not ready for organic so i did not fare well, but he tried to make it interesting and fun. the labs were great and i hope when i take it again he will still be my teacher

01/29/2005
good
CHE 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The best...plain and simple, saw him for Office Hours at 11 one night

12/07/2004
good
CHE 120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

PROFESSOR BENT OVER BACKWARDS TO HELP OUT!!! MADE CLASS REALLY INTERESTING AND FUN. HAD STUDY SESSIONS AND HELPED STUDENTS OUT ALL THE TIME

07/08/2004
Chem 210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Did not respond to any e-mails I sent. Does everything last minute, hands back the test a month after you take them. The notes you take in class are useless. Needs to work on pacing material better. We covered 8 chapters in one semester, 14 in the next