Paul Hines at Western Connecticut State University

Paul Hines

Number of ratings 25 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/3/12

CHE102

Dr. Hines is no pushover. He is hard and makes sure you LEARN his class. DONT GIVE UP! He is a puppy dog on the inside if you give him a chance. He made such a difference in this mans life that I wish I had more than 350 limit for! Dont just go to his lectures - SHOW up for life! He has soooo much more to offer than a grade in a class!

5/26/11

CHE102

I have never had a worse professor in my life. The man is intolerable. He will fail you for no reason. Does not grade fairly. He is more concerned about telling you his life than teaching. Hardest tests ever. DO. NOT. TAKE HIM.

4/29/11

CHE102

He is a nice guy but if you like to know where you stand in his class forget it because he takes forever to grade.

12/5/10

CHEM102

Great teacher and individual, will do anything in his power to help a student earn a passing grade. His passionate and willingness to help is amazing. One of the best teachers I have had at WCSU, A lot of material stay on top of it and take advantage of the office hours.

1/22/08

CHEM210

It is a difficult class. A lot of material to go through. He explains it well.

8/16/07

Chem102

OMG! I thought this would be easy bc it's summer. I was soooo wrong! 2 hr lecture 2 hr lab, his watch is like 7 minutes slow so you never get out on time. Handed in last lab report b4 the first one was even handed back. 2 weeks after the class has ended and still NO grade! Don't take this class, take Bio!

7/15/07

CHEany

Nightmare. Absolute Nightmare. Prof Hine's classes should come with a warning label.Overly intense.Does not grade or answer emails on a timely basis.Would have NEVER taken this class if I knew in advance how it was. Do yourself a favor and avoid!

8/8/06

Chem 102

Dr. Hines is an exceptional professor, not only is he a teacher, but an amazing individual. I took this course in the summer and it was very intense, but he made it fun, he loves teaching and the first question out of his mouth is " May I help anyone?". I recommend you take him, especially if you are not a science major, he is very caring! :)

8/3/06

Chem 102

Prof. Hines is really a great teacher. He is passionate about his profession and is ready to work with you if you need it. I took the class in the summer and it was very intense. Lab quizes were easy and the tests were hard if you didn't study! Whether you are interested in Chemistry or not he will make it enjoyable! He is all about helping you.

12/14/05

organic chem

Dr. Hines is the best teacher I have ever had. Never have I ever seen a teacher so dedicated to his work. He has a passion for teaching like no other. He is in the science building from early morning to late at night, so he is always around to answer any question you might have at any time. It is impossible to dislike him.

12/14/05

organic

I took Organic in 04-05 & Dr. Hines was & still is the best prof I've ever had. Organic is kinda hard, but he made it simple to me. He's busy so he might not be able to get to e-mails. If you make an appointment though he never seems to miss it. He's very caring, but will tell you you are doing too much, when he obviously does too much.

11/27/05

General Comment

I remember when I first came to WestConn as a freshman, Mr. Hines sat next to my family and introduced himself to my whole group and let me know if I ever had any problems to see him. He offered to be my advisor and was willing to help me out with anything. If you want the nicest chem. teacher choose Hines.

10/27/05

chem

a passionate teacher but did not return my emails. i forgive you, paul.

9/13/05

everday chemist

Best teacher I ever had in this school. Simply the best. Heart of gold and unrivaled passion and energy. eats chalk... but we all have our quirks. lol. If you can ever get a class with him do it. you won't be sorry. i promise.

8/25/05

organic

great guy, thinks very highly of his students. study and rewrite your notes EVERY night, and don't get behind, there is A LOT of material. lab is really fun. he does procrastinate and takes a long time to hand exams back so know the review sheets cold and you will walk out knowing you did well, and probably earn an 85% easily on his exams

6/27/05

che210

was not ready for organic so i did not fare well, but he tried to make it interesting and fun. the labs were great and i hope when i take it again he will still be my teacher

1/29/05

CHE 102

The best...plain and simple, saw him for Office Hours at 11 one night

12/7/04

CHE 120

PROFESSOR BENT OVER BACKWARDS TO HELP OUT!!! MADE CLASS REALLY INTERESTING AND FUN. HAD STUDY SESSIONS AND HELPED STUDENTS OUT ALL THE TIME

7/8/04

Chem 210

Rater Interest

Did not respond to any e-mails I sent. Does everything last minute, hands back the test a month after you take them. The notes you take in class are useless. Needs to work on pacing material better. We covered 8 chapters in one semester, 14 in the next

12/5/03

CHE 210

Rater Interest

This prof. is really such a great person. Helps you in anyway possible. Very helpful and actually cares about you as a student. Great person to have a conversation with. Overall...he is on your side in the three legged race. Dr. Hines, thank you

More Chemistry professors at Western Connecticut State University