in College of Lake County that teach English Edit
at College of Lake County, Grayslake, IL
are you Tamara Wolff?
C
12/12/2014
ENG 122 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A
"Assignments galore" "Get ready to read" "Participation matters"

It wasn't a hard class but there is so much to do and read because all she does is pile it all on you at once. She can get very confusing at times and its frustrating. The class was very boring. There's 3 papers in this course. First two are easy, last one is 8pg hybrid paper that she didn't even bother helping much with it.

12/07/2014
121-Detective Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+
"Participation matters" "Would take again" "Gives good feedback"

not very clear with instructions. Longest paper is 5 pages. Encourages conversation and creativity. Watch alot of movies. The first few weeks there is a lot of reading. The books you need to buy are cheap. we read 2 books then half of another two books. She loses homework often. really gracious with due dates, understands we have other classes too.

08/04/2014
good
ENG122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Tamara Wolff is amazing! If you listen and do all of your class work on time, then this is the class for you! I know a lot of these reviews talk about how Tamara likes to have her class watch movies... but its simply to keep her students more engaged and give them a real live look into the detective fiction world! Great class, I highly recommend

06/16/2014
ENG122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I agree with everyone else saying she is unorganized, and we did watch a LOT of movies in this class, but she was very helpful when it came to writing papers and we also read a lot of stories and analyzed what we watched so it wasn't all just fun and games. However, it was a lot of fun and she is very friendly and a riot!

12/16/2013
ENG 121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Wolff is rather unorganized and unprepared for class. She is simple and laid back as well. We watched movies the entire class, hardly called an English course. All writings were simple and only had 2 or so essays. We were told we were going to have a lot of quizzes and we've had 2. I do not recommend her as your teacher.

11/09/2013
Eng121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Eng121- Detective Fiction This class was not as I thought it would be. We were constantly watching movies and wasting time instead of focusing on learning how to improve our writing. Very unorganized. Constantly changing due dates. Inexperienced. This is a class for people who want to waste their money and not do anything in class.

11/06/2013
good
ENG108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is the best teacher! She's always willing to help you on a paper. She is really laid back and always has something positive to say about your papers. I highly reccommend her.

04/17/2013
good
Eng 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing!! Totally the best English teacher at clc!! would highly recommend her!! She's extremely helpful and you could write the worst paper ever and she would still find something positive about it! Love her!

12/07/2011
good
Eng122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher. She i unorganized some times. She teaches ok. You do alot of reading from the book which is not hard. You also watch movies. I suck at writing papers I mean im hhorrible and I got an A on every one. Take ths teacher

11/21/2011
good
ENG121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great English Teacher! She's a little unorganized somedays but overall great, if you don't get your paper right she will give you another chance to do, very understanding and nice. Highly recommend her

10/03/2011
good
Eng122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Good teacher. except she's kinda rude and does not even notice it sometimes. She needs to word things differently.

08/16/2011
good
ENG121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Tamara, by far.. THE BEST TEACHER I'VE EVER had at CLC. She's extremely funny and has a wonderful personality. Every single paper she will let you re-write! She is phenomenal. I wish I could take her again!

05/24/2011
good
ENG122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

OMG!! LOVE!!! Tamara's class was incredible!! She is SO funny and has an awesome personality. She is easy to get along with, and understands the plight of all college students. She understands that we are all trying to do a million things at once. If you need an extension for a paper, or have other difficulties, (comment continued above)

05/12/2011
good
ENG121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Ms.Wolff was one of the best professors I have had at CLC. Genuinely cares about her students,I see her in the halls all the time and she still asks how I am doing with school. She makes the class fun and interesting by bringing her own teaching style into it. Her class is semi-deficult but if you pay attention you will definetely pass with an A.

04/27/2011
good
eng121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is a good teacher, genuinely cares about her students & gives good feedback on the tests. seems very dissholved/unorganized though. since you can revise your essays...pretty easy class. i reccomend!

04/26/2011
good
eng121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you cant get an A in this class, you pretty much showed that you haven't done anything. Easy teacher. Easy class. Easy A!

03/24/2011
good
ENG122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is kinda corky but definitely a great teacher. She is very precise on papers and gives lots of feedback. I enjoy her class so so much! Great for conversation too.

02/02/2011
good
eng122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I'm taking her English 122 class and she's wonderful! She loves reading but her class discussions Re alwaysinteresting and will always end the class with a smile :)

01/16/2011
good

THE BEST ENGLISH TEACHER. SHE'S REALLY HELPUL AND UNDERSTANDS THAT WE HAVE OTHER RESPOSABILITIES, IF YOU GO TO CLASS, READ AND PARTICIPATE EASY A! LOVE THE WAY SHE TEACH AND WILL EXPLAIN THINGS FOR US TO UNDERSTAND BETTER. OH, AND LOVE THE BOOK SHE USES! TOTALLY RECOMENDED!!

12/16/2010
good

Tamara is hands down the best English teacher I have ever had. She's a firm believer in engaged learning, and she will always give you a second chance to improve your grade on a paper. Her biggest pet peeve is people that ditch regularly. So if you just go to class and try to hand in your papers on time and you'll get an A.