in University of Massachusetts that teach Biology Edit
are you Albey Reiner?
A+

03/18/2014
good
Cancer and Aids Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Like many others, and even more who will never look at this rating, Albey's class continues to teach. A true master. Thank you!

02/27/2014
good
MICROBIO Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took Albey's class in '86. Then a Business Major, now with an MBA from the Univ of Chicago--yet, Bio of Cancer and Aids (back in the AZT trial days, no less) is the one class with the most lasting, profound impact. I've bought 'We the Victors' out of print, and contemplate the power of the mind and spirit with far more than the CAPM. Thank you!

02/13/2010
good
bio160 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Almost 20 years after taking his course it's one of the ones I remember the most.

10/23/2005
good
MicBio 167 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Albey Reiner is the man, take his course if he's still teaching it, you'll learn volumes from his brilliance, compassion, humor and intellect. His is a class worth taking.

10/20/2005
good
Cancer and AIDS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of my favorite classes so far. I recommend it for everyone.

09/11/2005
good
MicroBio Cancer Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was one of my all time favorite classes at UMASS.

08/31/2005
good
Cancer&AIDS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Phenomenal teacher. He is EXTREMELY educated and intelligent, he is a wealth of knowledge. He's a great professor and his class teaches you so much.

08/31/2005
good

What a fantastic class relevant to anyone who lives in any society! Alby is an enthusatic, knowledgeable, talented professor who demands students attend classes and study. If you don't take this class you are selling yourself short.

06/15/2005
good
cancer and AIDS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best and most passionate professor I ever had. I did not think it was as hard as everyone said and I got an A!

05/02/2005
good
Cancer and Aids Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher but it's a hard class..be prepared to work hard, but it's worth it!

04/28/2005
good
micro bio 160 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was the best class i have taken here. Very interesting, I didnt find the tests to be too hard if you studied and went to class

04/03/2005
good
MicroBio 160 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Every student should take this class, especially if cancer runs in your family. Dr. Reiner may be hard, but what he teaches you may possibly save your life. Do the work, and the results may be more than a good grade.

03/26/2005
good
Microbio 160 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

So hard, yet so interesting. Don't sign up, just go to the lectures on your own so that you don't have to take the tests. Seriously, it's that interesting.

01/17/2005
good
Microbio 160 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This is the best class I've ever taken. If you attend every class, study the material YOU WILL PASS. It's a simple formula, folks. I am not even a biology or science-related major! Anyone who says this class sucks clearly doesn't even deserve to be at UMass. Transfer to Bridgewater!

12/20/2004
good
microbio 160 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

GREAT CLASS...tests are unbelieably hard (I am an A student) but if you go to class and prepare ahead of time you should do fine...Also I think he scaled the final grades and optional final. MUST TAKE if you go here.

12/20/2004
good

This was a great class, the material was very interesting, and Professor Reiner did a great job of presenting it in lectures. The tests are difficult, and you need to attend class to do well, however study sessions are held before each exam which are very helpful, I would highly reccomend attending.

12/18/2004
MicroBio Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

MicroBio of Cancer and Aids. People told me not to take the class because it was hard, but it seemed interesting so I took it. Good class, but tests are so hard and almost impossible to pass Only 3 test with no extra credit. There is a final which is optional.I am an A student and I failed the class

12/18/2004
good
Micro Bio 106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Interesting lectures, tests are very difficult, not an easy course but the material is interesting and Albey does a great job teaching it

12/17/2004
bio 161 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Albey sucks! DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASSSSS!!! He is monotone, makes it so uninteresting, and his tests suck. Everything about his class sucks!

12/15/2004
good
mic 160 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

THE BEST CLASS..I can not describe the respect I have for Reiner. I would take a bullet for him.. LOVE this guy!! I learnt the most valuable lessons of my life from him.