Rina Benmayor at California State University Monterey Bay

Rina Benmayor

Number of ratings 11 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/28/13

HCOM 300

Rina is a great teacher. While I was in her class she was going through hot flashes... Now I'm going through them. But she stretched my mind and I appreciate her. The class I took... I don't even remember what it was called.

12/15/11

HCOM350S

IF you're taking oral history dr. benmayor make class mandatory. She WILL notice if you aren't there. This class takes up a lot of your time...the project is long but interesting. Easy community service, you barely do any hours but still get full credit! NO FINAL!

11/15/11

HCOM426

I went into the class not knowing what to expect but there are definitely some things you are going to want to know about her if you're taking her in the future. First, attendance is very important to her, try not to be late. Also, READ THE TEXT! Most of our classtime was spent discussing texts. Overall, she is a strict but awesome teacher.

2/25/10

HCOM314

One of the very best professors I had at CSUMB. Engaged me in concepts that touched me and delivered information that forever changed the way I looked at many things.

5/15/09

HCOM000

Rina was one of the best professors I have ever had. She will go out of her way to help you if you simply ask! Rina was always there to listen and give advise. She will always have my outmost respect. Classes & Lectures: Interesting, hard work, lots of reading... worth it!!! She expects more than what you think you're capable of, and brings it out

4/17/08

HCOM300

I had Rina for two classes.In HCOM300 she was horrible. Demanded perfect attendance yet missed about 4 classes herself (which is ridiculous when the class was once a week).I found her extremely offensive, (she said this was the only time in our life that we would be able to do what we wanted to do).In HCOM 350 it is a little better, but still rude

2/19/08

HS300

do not go to her for career advice

1/14/08

HCOMSECT

Hard grader but learned a lot. Nice lady--a pleasure to know.

12/20/07

TAT000

Don't ever sign up for any of this womans classes. talk about the most miserable 2 hours of your life each class. waste of my time. on top of that all b.s. assignments, tons of them at that. she will hunt you down and email you if you miss a class and is not understanding if you need to miss a class.she will make you sit there until the last minute

11/10/07

HCOM000

Rina is great, she is helpfull, she grades fairly, and her classes are full of information. You just have to make sure you stay on top of your readings, thats all...the class is more interested and you get more out of it too.

1/26/07

HCOM395

Good professor but really hard course. Theres lots of reading and lots of group projects. The take home midterm was really hard and the take home final was super hard. You have to pay alot of attention, take detailed notes and thoroughly read all your required texts. At least the course readings are interesting.

More Humanities professors at California State University Monterey Bay