in Bellevue College that teach English Edit
at Bellevue College, Bellevue, WA
are you Paula Sebastian?
C

10/14/2014
Eng 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I'd rather eat cow pie than sit through that class again. She actually got mad at students who struggled in her class and would acknowledge the fact she gave poor instructions but blamed you for just not being better. Who on earth would hire this mess

10/14/2014
English 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: WD
"Tough Grader"

She would post crucial instructions the night its due or the day after, then fail you and say "check the instructions again". Even though I had a 504 plan, she wouldn't give me any leeway and her instructions are always changing. She was rude to the other students (and me but, I was pretty rude back). 1010 would not recommend.

10/08/2014
Engl101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Papers? More like novels" "Tough Grader" "Get ready to read"

Paula Sebastian is the worst teacher. She is unclear about what she wants. She is very rude. VERY RUDE.

10/07/2014
1139 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD
"Papers? More like novels" "Get ready to read" "Tough Grader"

This teacher is seriously the worst! She is so careless and unhelpful! She is not clear about anything. She should quit teaching all together.

09/29/2014
ENGL 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Really doesn't appear to care about students or her reputation and doesn't seem to listen. Not helpful. Uninspiring. I'm an A student and I found her attitude to be very disappointing. I do not recommend.

08/04/2014
Engl 201 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B-

She is the worst English teacher I have ever had. She is not clear on her expectations of her assignments. The first 4-6 assignments the average grade was a 65%. She is hot and cold on grading and offers no real insight on what she wants. AVOID THIS TEACHER!

07/12/2014
Eng101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She doesn't want to help me and the only thing she told on my assignment was- you should withdraw it, you are not able to attempt this class. She didn't tell me anything about my weakness and she supposed I should know everything. Her instructions are unclear especially I am taking her online class.

07/11/2014
ENG201 Taken for Credit:No Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is EXTREMELY rude and does not want to help her students, only beat them down about their writing. She is unclear in what she wants - her assignment says one thing, and her rubric says another. She makes working hard for this class difficult because of her poor attitude when responding to students. Set up for failure when taking her class!

06/09/2014
English 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This teachers as awful. She never explained her assignments and made her assignments due the same day, hours later that she posted them even though the assignment itself would take a lot longer to complete. DO NOT TAKE HER COURSE

12/12/2013
Eng 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I didn't learn anything. She graded super easily and we spent most of class sitting in silence because she couldn't get the class to have a good discussion.

12/09/2013
good
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I loved this professor! Basically the whole class prepares you for writing your essays. Also the professor goes over your essay's with your through 'check points'.Super helpful! She is open-minded and makes sure you understand the readings you read the night before. The textbook is also interesting and helps out with essays. Final is an essay

11/22/2013
good
ENGL 235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The teacher is very helpful and if you give a visit during office hour you are most likely to get 100/100. My grade jumped from B to straight A's because of this. The tchr requires you to be serious and attentive and PUNCTUAL. Papers are pretty easy because format comes straight from text. The instructor is nice if you are being proactive.

11/21/2013
good
ENG 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She was a great teacher. We wrote 4 major essays that counted 45% of our grade, and had reading responses. She was helpful and grades pretty easily. She gives good feedback in rough drafts that allow us to properly fix the essay to almost ensure us to getting an A. Easy going teacher.

11/14/2013
good
english 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Sebastian was AMAZING! Gave lots of good feedback, open to questions of any type and very clear and helpful in her responses! She loves individual ideas and manages her class extremely well!

11/03/2013
good
eng 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Really great teacher. Smart/Passionate gives really good tips on writing. Funny, nice SWAG

10/22/2013
Eng 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very unclear on grading. She grades on her own preference. Didn't learn anything from the class at all. AVOID her if you can.

08/28/2013
good
ENG201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

Highly recommended! Excellent teacher! I like the way she managed the class. The discussions about articles we read are inspiring. The assignments she gave us are in clear order and instruction. I learnt a lot from her class.

08/18/2013
good
Engl201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-

She is one of those not many teachers that loves to teach and believes that grading is more likely an art rather than science. Paula is very clear on directions and honest in grading. I loved our discussions on articles! It was on of the best classes I've ever had.

08/11/2013
good
Engl 235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best professor ever!!! Very helpful and clear in explanations. I learned many interesting and helpful things. All assignments will help me in future career. I highly recommended this professor.

06/03/2013
ENGL 235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Horrible teacher! She is not clear whatsoever on what she expects us to. Just simply posts the assignment and asks us to look at the book then she can heavily grade us down!!!!!! TAKE HER IF YOU HATE YOUR LIFE!