in University of California San Diego that teach Humanities Edit
at University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA
are you Matthew Herbst?

05/03/2014
good
MMW12 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-

Why don't you teach 13? Great, enthusiastic professor with podcast! Only downside is i-clickers on the readings, which are very long but just get the main idea of it and your good to go. Essay grades depend on your TA so just go to their OH. Exams are very straight forward. Take him if you can!

12/14/2013
good
MMW 11 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Herbst is an amazing professor but you will have to work for the A! The online readings are a must, focuses on religion/philosophies a lot.

11/15/2013
good
MMW11 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Herbst is a good professor, but his reading assignments are too much. I usually spend 5 hours a day to do well in the reading. And the midterms are challenging too. Average in the class is B- or C.

06/05/2013
good
MMW11 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Herbst is probably the best professor I have ever had, and will ever have. He has so much passion for what he teaches, and that's what makes it so great to hear him lecture. He's also an amazing person. He took a group of us to Istanbul to do service with disabled people, and I knew then he is one of the greatest persons I will ever meet.

03/07/2013
good
MMW 11 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the BEST professors I have ever had. He keeps you engaged, interested, and has so much passion I love him.

03/04/2013
good

I really enjoyed his lectures and always looked forward in going to them. Lectures are interesting and always grab your attention. iClicker questions are usually not hard. I definitely hope to be able to take him again in the future.

02/27/2013
good
MMW11 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Professor Herbst made MMW exciting! He has high expectations (in a good way). The class is reasonably challenging, and he presents content in a way that is clear and engaging. His lecture style facilitates note-taking and makes it easy to review. It is pretty clear what will be important for exams. Tests are very fair. Best MMW professor I've had!

11/30/2012
good
MMW11 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Herbst is a great lecturer. He keeps you interested and answers questions. The i-Clicker quizzes motivate you to do the reading and are pretty easy (sometimes purely common sense). Before the midterm, he gives you a list of the exact questions he will ask so you can study them and be prepared. I thought I'd suffer in MMW but it's my easiest class.

03/31/2012
good
MMW12 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The professor himself really teaches well. He teaches history like one giant, intertwined story and you will remember things from this class. His test questions are very fair. In terms of grades, it really depends on the difficulty and expectations of your T.A.

03/23/2012
good
MMW4 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I love his lectures. I'm the type to fall asleep during class and I never did during his class. Learned so much...I seriously love this guy. I don't even like history, and he made me enjoy it. Dr. Herbst, I got nothing but good things to say about you. <3 btw, I hardly did the reading, just go to class.