in San Diego State University that teach Women's Studies Edit
Professor in the Women's Studies department
at San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
are you Kimala Price?

05/15/2014
wmnst536 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Horrible professor. Out of all the women's studies classes I've taken this was the only one I hated and the only prof I disliked. She says "you know" and "ummm" when she lectures which is really distracting. Not helpful and doesn't seem to care about her students. Could've been a good class if another professor was teaching.

12/11/2013
WMNST 360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I was really excited to take this class, but honestly did not learn anything from it. Price asks students to get involved with the discussions often, which leads to a bunch of uneducated students ranting and complaining about societal issues they have no formal education on. I'm pretty bummed with the way the class turned out to be.

12/06/2013
good
WMNST 360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Seeing how this teacher received bad ratings surprises me because I did not think Price wasn't that bad. I received an A in her class and you really just have to read the text she assigns because they relate to the prompt. Stay engaged during discussions and go to class.

07/25/2013
WMNST536 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

class readings were interesting but discussions were so boring, it's difficult to follow what she says during lecture because of the "umms" and "you knows" she can be rude at times, made me want to change my major, she should stick to doing research and scholarly articles, teaching is definitely not for her.

05/22/2013
WMNST 360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class has a good content. The professor knows her stuff, and it's an interesting class. Just MAKE SURE to keep proof of the journal entries once you submit them. Overall, the class was awesome, i learned a great deal! Just keep track of your work and your grades. Things get lost in this class. Overall, it's fun, oh! and great videos!

05/02/2013
WMST360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I loved the actual class sessions with Price. She is funny and allows for lots of conversation. HOWEVER, her TA grades the essays, and seriously doesn't do a good job. She is a semi-tough grader, but I think the class is worth it for the content and Price's funny stories - but Price should be grading her own midterms.

06/07/2012
WMNST360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Not a very professional teacher. She starts every sentence with ummm and that makes you lose concentration because you are waiting for the next ummm. She takes forever to grade 4 journals and the rest is graded by her useless TA, Doevina. AVOID TAKING HER

06/04/2012
WMNST360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Not helpful. She doesn't do the all grading and takes for ever to grade. Offers EC but make sure you she has yours because I wasted my time to attend the events, wrote my reflections but, they got lost. When I asked about it, she said she didn't have any records of them and didn't want to work with me at all; even though, she saw me at the events

05/23/2012
good
WMNST360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Price is an excellent professor.Her grading took way too long though. Basically, you didn't know your grades until after the semester was over. Her TA this past semester, Doviena, was awful, she had no clu about grading and was not approachable. Many of the students agreed that she seemed like she had an attitude andher grading was ridiculous

01/04/2012
WMNST520 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She's a good professor with a lot of insight and knows the topic well. She's funny, sarcastic, and not really for the sensitive or faint hearted. I liked her. Went to class, did my work, and got an A.