Kimala Price at San Diego State University

Kimala Price

Number of ratings 33 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/15/14

wmnst536

Horrible professor. Out of all the women's studies classes I've taken this was the only one I hated and the only prof I disliked. She says "you know" and "ummm" when she lectures which is really distracting. Not helpful and doesn't seem to care about her students. Could've been a good class if another professor was teaching.

12/11/13

WMNST 360

I was really excited to take this class, but honestly did not learn anything from it. Price asks students to get involved with the discussions often, which leads to a bunch of uneducated students ranting and complaining about societal issues they have no formal education on. I'm pretty bummed with the way the class turned out to be.

12/6/13

WMNST 360

Seeing how this teacher received bad ratings surprises me because I did not think Price wasn't that bad. I received an A in her class and you really just have to read the text she assigns because they relate to the prompt. Stay engaged during discussions and go to class.

7/25/13

WMNST536

class readings were interesting but discussions were so boring, it's difficult to follow what she says during lecture because of the "umms" and "you knows" she can be rude at times, made me want to change my major, she should stick to doing research and scholarly articles, teaching is definitely not for her.

5/22/13

WMNST 360

This class has a good content. The professor knows her stuff, and it's an interesting class. Just MAKE SURE to keep proof of the journal entries once you submit them. Overall, the class was awesome, i learned a great deal! Just keep track of your work and your grades. Things get lost in this class. Overall, it's fun, oh! and great videos!

5/2/13

WMST360

I loved the actual class sessions with Price. She is funny and allows for lots of conversation. HOWEVER, her TA grades the essays, and seriously doesn't do a good job. She is a semi-tough grader, but I think the class is worth it for the content and Price's funny stories - but Price should be grading her own midterms.

6/7/12

WMNST360

Not a very professional teacher. She starts every sentence with ummm and that makes you lose concentration because you are waiting for the next ummm. She takes forever to grade 4 journals and the rest is graded by her useless TA, Doevina. AVOID TAKING HER

6/4/12

WMNST360

Not helpful. She doesn't do the all grading and takes for ever to grade. Offers EC but make sure you she has yours because I wasted my time to attend the events, wrote my reflections but, they got lost. When I asked about it, she said she didn't have any records of them and didn't want to work with me at all; even though, she saw me at the events

5/23/12

WMNST360

Prof. Price is an excellent professor.Her grading took way too long though. Basically, you didn't know your grades until after the semester was over. Her TA this past semester, Doviena, was awful, she had no clu about grading and was not approachable. Many of the students agreed that she seemed like she had an attitude andher grading was ridiculous

1/4/12

WMNST520

She's a good professor with a lot of insight and knows the topic well. She's funny, sarcastic, and not really for the sensitive or faint hearted. I liked her. Went to class, did my work, and got an A.

1/2/12

WMNST520

I love Price! She can get hard to get used to though. She is not very energy but she has had some very interesting experiences that she uses to talk about the topics. Honestly, you could come to class and zone out and not read and still pass but you will get more out of the class if you do (duh!). She is a cool laid back teacher

5/24/11

WMNST370

PLEASE dont listen to the bad ratings other people have given Price! I saw them and took her class anyway, and I'm so glad I did. Attendance is mandatory if you want attendance points. Dull lectures, but sometimes funny. REALLY interesting info. All exams are bluebook, which is great because you can really show off what you know.. I got an A!

5/19/11

Wmnst370

Awful! She seems bored with the subject. She starts the class out with a clear tone, however, as class continues you can barely hear her. She seems clueless about your grades and takes forever to return your papers. I would never take her again. Gives women's studies a bad vibe.

12/16/10

WMNST360

She's a good teacher overall though at times she can be boring. The material is really interesting. Only 2 short essays,a media project (really easy) and a final paper.

12/15/10

WMNS360

Dr. Price is an awesome professor. I enjoyed everything that we talked about. shes not strict and she loves to joke around. Great class take it just for fun if you are able.

1/15/10

WNST536

This professor has issues. She shouldn't be teaching a class about race, gender, politics when she can't get past her own prejudices.

7/13/09

WS370

BOORING!! DULL, MONOTONE voice! useless powerpoint lectures. DON'T TAKE HER UNLESS U HAVE TO. I never read still got an A just do the SG. Takes attendance yet her lecture is unnecessary 4 exam. 1 policy analysis paper, midterm and final.

5/27/09

WMNST536

This woman should not be teaching. She starts every sentence with "ummm" and her lectures are rediculous. I'm a womens studies major, and this was the first class I hated. 2hr 40min classes seem like an eternity. I missed the max amount and you will too. If you love womens studies, DO ANYTHING POSSIBLE TO TAKE WITH ANOTHER PROF

1/6/09

wmst520

Great instructor, very knowledgeable on the topic. Good variety in lecture, speakers,films. Final project is most of the grade, lets you pick topic and format. Not a class for people who don't want to think outside the box.

12/17/08

WMNST370

Class could have been easier if the study guide were the same as the tests. We study so hard for the tests with so much information just to have a few questions asked on the tests. Graded my papers easy. Got "As" on all of them, but the tests are difficult. Talks low saying um um um a lot, and does laugh too hard. She is nice though.

More Women's Studies professors at San Diego State University