in Florida International University that teach Theater Edit

02/18/2014
good
THE4600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Michael Yawney is a very good lecturer. His ideas stimulate interest in whichever course he happens to be teaching (I have had him for both play writing and theatre history). I especially like his teaching style even if I may have previously gone over a subject. He makes you look at things in a way you may not have considered before, a fresh slant.

11/19/2011
good
THE4110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

His class is incredibly interesting. I'm not one for history, but Theatre History happens to be my favorite subject this semester just because of him. I hate missing class. He's knowledgeable of the subject and incredibly witty/funny. Also, he's brutally honest. Love him.

07/24/2010
good
TPP4600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This guy is great. He gives you artistic freedom. I took Playwriting 1 with him and I'm going to take Playwriting 2 and Directing this fall. His classes are very fun.

12/10/2009
good
TPP4601 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Yawney is amazing! Professors like him make college a great experience. Took him for Playwriting 1 & 2, even though it has nothing to do with my major. He has a way of getting your creative mojo working, to get the best out of you. Always has interesting feedback, goes above and beyond to help his students. I WISH I COULD TAKE HIM EVERY SEMESTER!!!

02/17/2009
good
TPP4600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Yawney is truly an amazing professor, he genuinely cares for his students and keeps open lines of communication. He says "Oh my god" alot, but that's ok. Enjoy your chilli pepper!

08/25/2008
good
TPp4600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great feedback. Hilarious but he gets your creative juices flowing. Willing to help outside of class and is brutally honest. RECOMMEND!

03/14/2008
good
TPP2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

HILARIOUS TEACHER. HATE MISSING HIS CLASS. HES FUNNY WHEN HES NOT EVEN TRYING TO BE FUNNY. YOU WILL LOVE HIS CLASS. TAKE HIM. I HAD TO DROP HIS CLASS AND I CRIED MYSELF TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT AFTER THAT BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO.

01/05/2008
good
TPP4600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Yawney is truly awesome. Never has a professor been so enthusiastic about teaching and well as his subject matter as this one! He cares about each student and will remember your name fast! His class was a wonderful experience even if the weekly deadlines did add me some stress last semester!

06/21/2007
good
TPP2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Yawney teaches with such enthusiasm and passion. He wants you to get better and directs you with keen observations. All professors should be like this. In addition, he brings volumes of invaluable theather experience yet remains so humble. He's a must take professor.

05/06/2007
good
TPP2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

i didn't want to take the class but i ended up loving it! and wishing that it never ended. he was REALLY helpful when you got on stage, and really made you think. he was SUPER nice and we all loved him. even tho it was on saturday mornings it was always worth getting up for. (he makes the cutest expressions :D <3 )

04/30/2007
good
TPP2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is awesome! Hilarious, and the classes are always interesting. He really helps students and is very availible to help. I had him on Saturday Morning(O.o), and I can't believe it, I actually looked forward to it. I'll miss him. He's super fun, can't think of anyone who didn't like him, we threw him a end-of-semester party.

04/29/2007
good
IntroA Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

12/16/2006
good
tpp2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class is for those who appreciate the practice it takes to become a Good Actor. It is easy though!

12/08/2006
good
tpp2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is great!!! This is one of the easiest classes i have taken i would recommend him 100%! He is very spontaneous and the warm-up excersises are fun.

12/07/2006
good
TPP2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is awesome!!! You will love this class, and have a lot of fun!!! Just a couple of reports and thats it. Take him!!!

11/16/2006
good

I hate missing this class. Its so fun and he gets everyone involved. He doesnt ask too much and hes great at what he does. An amazing amazing class. I recommend it for everyone!