Cyndi Maxey at Columbia College Chicago

Speaking Out

Cute, helpful, encouraging.

5/18/13

31-1350

Cyndi teaches you not to be a speaker, but an inspiring speaker. Her approach with public speaking is so subtle but the results are powerful and inspiring speeches that come out every week in class from very different student. Great class, great teacher, and by the end of it you feel like you could sell and pitch anything to anyone.

9/20/11

SPEAKOUT

One of my all time favorite classes at Columbia. Cyndi is great! I continue to use the skills I learned in my career. She genuinely cares about her students and really gives students the freedom to be creative and tailors the class to each indivividual.

6/1/10

Speak101

I absolutely adore Cyndi. She really does all she can to help her students excel. The skills I learned in this class continue to work for me in my career.

3/16/10

No Comment

1/16/10

speak01

Cyndi is great. I always looked forward to this class. She works with each student's strengths, and each member of this class was a better speaker by the end of the semester. The best class for fulfilling your oral communications requirement.

1/10/10

speakout

I wasn't sure what to expect when I signed up for this class. But wasn't pleasantly surprised. Cyndi's nice and it turned out to be a helpful class.

1/10/10

SPEAKOUT

I had a fantastic time in this class. Cyndi was my favorite instructor this past semester. And her class Speaking Out is well worth your time. The assignments are constructive and I always looked forward to this class every week.

12/18/09

SpeakOut

I had a great time in this class! The assignments were fun and worthwhile and Cyndi was a fantastic professor, extremely knowledgeable, and helpful. She's very nice and what I liked most about her was that she genuinely took interest in her students and got to know them. As long as you try in her class you'll get a good grade. Cyndi's great!

11/19/09

SPKOUT

Meh, it's an okay class.

5/14/08

SpekOut

This class was not helpful for speaking publicly, in spite of trying to apply it to any field. Cyndi is kind of oblivious to the class's needs and likes to mention that she wrote the textbook. I didn't find her instructions clear and needed a lot of explanation on what she was looking for with assignments. I would not recommend this class.

3/6/08

SpeakOut

shes a great teacher. really knows what she's doing and has great experience in her field. she's not hilarious but she's really nice and understanding and likes to talk to her students. she grades fairly and as long as you show improvement you'll get an A.

11/9/06

Speakout

Cindi Maxey is an amazing teacher! She's very professional, but she's got a good sense of humor if you do too. Her assignments are fantastic and fun, and you'll get to know your classmates really well. You'll learn a lot of useful public speaking tricks. I've heard people say they hated Speaking Out, but take it with Cindi- you won't regret it.

More Theater professors at Columbia College Chicago