Andrew Carswell at University of Georgia

Andrew Carswell

Number of ratings 17 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/10/13

HACE2100

After studying hard for a test, I got a B. When I went to ask him about a question he counted wrong, I showed him in HIS NOTES from class the answer that I had selected. I got it right. I wasn't rude about it in anyway, and he still wouldn't give me credit for it. He does not explain things well at all and doesnt care about the class in the least.

11/10/13

HACE2100

Carswell put forth little effort into this class. He didn't make his own powerpoint, and at times didnt even know what was on the one he had. The tests ask tricky questions that even HE admitted more than once could be argued for more than one answer. I've had worse professors,but not many. Sub par teaching. Get someone else if you can

12/9/12

HACE4300

carswell is great & makes this class fun. you must get the bel jean packet b/c all class readings are in it. they're rather tedious & boring but he explains them well in class. tests (2) are pretty easy, about 25 multiple choice & 1-2 short answer and the final was the same format but a little longer. takes attendance every day, try to participate!

12/14/11

HACE4300

You read a lot of Journal Articles. Class discussions are usually pretty interesting in Carswell's upper level courses. This class was great in showing how Housing Research is done. Carswell also does a good job of explaining research results. I know it sounds boring, but it really is an interesting class. HACE 4310 (policy) is the best.

7/26/11

HACE3300

Do not take over the summer. He was determined to cover everything, and kept us late numerous times. He would give a lecture session after the test(which is just stupid), and he was terrible at explaining the Excel homework. His TA built the spreadsheets, and it was obvious that Carswell had not gone over them before class. Waste of my time.

5/9/11

Good times.

5/5/11

HACE4310

Interesting class, and Carswell is a great professor. Very likable but the material is somewhat difficult. Wouldn't take it if I didn't have to.

11/2/10

HACE3300

This class gives an overview of the world of housing. Having taken Statistics, Consumer Economics and Accounting I feel I was better prepared than most. The class itself is not hard, but the tests can make you feel very, very, very dumb. Make sure you know the equations and UNDERSTAND THEM!! Professor Carswell is great, very challenging.

4/28/10

4/28/08

HACEall

Carswell is the man! You will hear some people complaining about attendance and difficulty level, but those are just people that enjoy wining. He is an extremely nice guy that genuinely cares about his students; unfortunately, that is all too rare on campus these days. I consider myself a procrastinator and slacker and B's are automatic in my exp

2/6/08

hace2100

Carswell's the bomb. If you have a problem with this guy, you'll have a problem with anyone. Very laid back, sticks to the subject and covers what's in the book. Easy-peasy. Final was tough, though.

1/10/08

HACE4300

This was my third class with him. Yeah, he's tough...I liked him though. If you are not keen on going to class, you might want to steer clear of this guy.

12/22/07

HACEall

Carswell is not good at being on time getting grades back. He thinks he is always right and if this wasn't for my major I would not take him. His class is mandatory attendance and he is very hard. Not good teacher. Goofy.

12/22/06

Hace2100

I liked this guy. He genuinely cares about how everyone is doing. I have no complaints about him. The material can be difficult and tedious and tests can be hard, but he throws out questions that most of the class misses. He is very willing to help!! I BARELY went to class and I got a C+. I deserved that though. Easy grade if you go!!!

12/13/06

hace2100

Meh.. I didn't really go to class and did ok so I won't complain (Baxter St. Bookstore student notes are a godsend). When I did go to class, Carswell was pretty funny which helped with a potentially dry subject. Overall a pretty average class, not awful, not awesome. I did learn some practical stuff though.

12/5/06

hace2100

WORST class ever!! This man needs to find a new job because he sucks at what he does. He's not helpful and his class is terrible. I'd rather shoot off my foot than have to go to one of his lectures. DON'T TAKE HIM!! I'm even contemplating writing into the university about this guy i'm so serious!

11/14/06

HACE4310

The first time I had Dr. Carswell (in 3300) I didn't like him at all. But this was because I was slacking, and it was the wrong class to do it in. He's actually very funny, into the subject (housing), and he fosters student discussion. The 4310 class was great; even as an elective. I'll be happy to have him again next semester in grad school.

More Business professors at University of Georgia