in University of Georgia that teach Business Edit
at University of Georgia, Athens, GA
are you Andrew Carswell?

12/18/2014
good
FHCE 4300 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Inspirational" "Tests are tough"

Dr. C was a good guy. he seemed pretty fair. Kinda hard, but i learned a lot in his class. He always has some kind of joke to tell, and man that class needs it some times!!! Seriously, he is kind of known around the students as being approachable and easy to talk to. there are others like that in this major. Can be a tad forgetful. Fo shuey!

11/10/2013
HACE2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

After studying hard for a test, I got a B. When I went to ask him about a question he counted wrong, I showed him in HIS NOTES from class the answer that I had selected. I got it right. I wasn't rude about it in anyway, and he still wouldn't give me credit for it. He does not explain things well at all and doesnt care about the class in the least.

11/10/2013

Carswell put forth little effort into this class. He didn't make his own powerpoint, and at times didnt even know what was on the one he had. The tests ask tricky questions that even HE admitted more than once could be argued for more than one answer. I've had worse professors,but not many. Sub par teaching. Get someone else if you can

12/09/2012
good
HACE4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

carswell is great & makes this class fun. you must get the bel jean packet b/c all class readings are in it. they're rather tedious & boring but he explains them well in class. tests (2) are pretty easy, about 25 multiple choice & 1-2 short answer and the final was the same format but a little longer. takes attendance every day, try to participate!

12/14/2011
good
HACE4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

You read a lot of Journal Articles. Class discussions are usually pretty interesting in Carswell's upper level courses. This class was great in showing how Housing Research is done. Carswell also does a good job of explaining research results. I know it sounds boring, but it really is an interesting class. HACE 4310 (policy) is the best.

07/26/2011
good
HACE3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Do not take over the summer. He was determined to cover everything, and kept us late numerous times. He would give a lecture session after the test(which is just stupid), and he was terrible at explaining the Excel homework. His TA built the spreadsheets, and it was obvious that Carswell had not gone over them before class. Waste of my time.

05/09/2011
good
HACE4310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Good times.

05/05/2011
good
HACE4310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Interesting class, and Carswell is a great professor. Very likable but the material is somewhat difficult. Wouldn't take it if I didn't have to.

11/02/2010
good
HACE3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class gives an overview of the world of housing. Having taken Statistics, Consumer Economics and Accounting I feel I was better prepared than most. The class itself is not hard, but the tests can make you feel very, very, very dumb. Make sure you know the equations and UNDERSTAND THEM!! Professor Carswell is great, very challenging.

04/28/2010
HACE3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Avoid.

04/28/2008
good
HACEall Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Carswell is the man! You will hear some people complaining about attendance and difficulty level, but those are just people that enjoy wining. He is an extremely nice guy that genuinely cares about his students; unfortunately, that is all too rare on campus these days. I consider myself a procrastinator and slacker and B's are automatic in my exp

02/06/2008
good
hace2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Carswell's the bomb. If you have a problem with this guy, you'll have a problem with anyone. Very laid back, sticks to the subject and covers what's in the book. Easy-peasy. Final was tough, though.

01/10/2008
good
HACE4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This was my third class with him. Yeah, he's tough...I liked him though. If you are not keen on going to class, you might want to steer clear of this guy.

12/22/2007
HACEall Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Carswell is not good at being on time getting grades back. He thinks he is always right and if this wasn't for my major I would not take him. His class is mandatory attendance and he is very hard. Not good teacher. Goofy.

12/22/2006
Hace2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I liked this guy. He genuinely cares about how everyone is doing. I have no complaints about him. The material can be difficult and tedious and tests can be hard, but he throws out questions that most of the class misses. He is very willing to help!! I BARELY went to class and I got a C+. I deserved that though. Easy grade if you go!!!

12/13/2006
good
hace2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Meh.. I didn't really go to class and did ok so I won't complain (Baxter St. Bookstore student notes are a godsend). When I did go to class, Carswell was pretty funny which helped with a potentially dry subject. Overall a pretty average class, not awful, not awesome. I did learn some practical stuff though.

12/05/2006
hace2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

WORST class ever!! This man needs to find a new job because he sucks at what he does. He's not helpful and his class is terrible. I'd rather shoot off my foot than have to go to one of his lectures. DON'T TAKE HIM!! I'm even contemplating writing into the university about this guy i'm so serious!

11/14/2006
good

The first time I had Dr. Carswell (in 3300) I didn't like him at all. But this was because I was slacking, and it was the wrong class to do it in. He's actually very funny, into the subject (housing), and he fosters student discussion. The 4310 class was great; even as an elective. I'll be happy to have him again next semester in grad school.