in Wilfrid Laurier University-Waterloo that teach Philosophy Edit
at Wilfrid Laurier University-Waterloo, Waterloo, ON
are you Ashwani Peetush?
01/11/2015
good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Inspirational"

Ashwani Peetush was one of the best professors that I had so far in my freshman year in university. He is very passionate about philosophy and his lectures can sometimes at times be inspirational. His lectures are spoken with great clarify and detail. Be sure to attend his lectures so you can get a good grade though! does not post up slides though.

12/23/2014
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Ashwani can inspire you a lot. However, when it comes to his lectures, it can be pretty hard to grasp. I believe I would have done better if I took notes on the laptop.

12/23/2014
good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"There for you" "Inspirational" "Skip class? You won't pass."

Gives good instructions, especially with papers. Can be stricttough but he'll inspire you to want to do better for yourself. Overall good teacher.

12/22/2014
good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Amazing lectures" "Tests are tough" "Tough Grader"

Ashwani has been the best professor I've ever had. His take on PP110 was incredibly interesting and I would definitely take more of his classes in the years ahead.

good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-
"There for you" "Inspirational" "Clear grading criteria"

Is clearly passionate about philosophy and it shows in his lectures!

good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Inspirational" "Clear grading criteria"

Peetush is hands down the best prof i"ve had in university. I took this class in my 4th year and it dramatically improved my performance in every other course this semester. He's an engaging lecturer and sets out challenges for students to rise to. He is always there to help. You will learn a lot with this prof.

good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A
"Inspirational" "Participation matters" "There for you"

Dr. Ashwani Peetush is the best prof. I have ever known in my life. He helps you way more than a class lecture. Non biased, non judgemental and very knowledgeable person. Last but not least a gem of a person. I recommend, taking his courses .

good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Clear grading criteria" "Participation matters" "Respected by students"

Very clear explanations and detailed rubrics given for each paper making it very clear what he is looking for. He is very helpful to go see during his office hours, which he always extends when papers are due or during exam time. You can tell that he really wants to see all his students succeed and offers lots of extra opportunities to raise marks.

good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Participation matters" "Gives good feedback" "There for you"

I loved his class, his way of teaching really keeps you interested. Make sure you go to his office hours as he is really helpful.

good
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Respected by students" "Participation matters"

I really enjoyed his lectures he would always makes sure that everone clearly understood the content. He would speak in a way that was engaging and interesting. He gave many chances to get a good grade if you applied yourself. Finally he always put his own opinions and passions into the material making it an insightful class to attend. I loved it!!

good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Lectures are long" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Hilarious"

Very fair and has good insight. I really liked the brief lecture on feminism. He is very passionate which makes it easier to pay attention to. Philosophy isn't really my thing but I still think Dr. Peetush did a good job with the material. I found that as long as I went to class, and tutorials and paid attention, it was not difficult to do well.

good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B-
"Tests are tough" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Inspirational"

Don't expect to get an A easily. I am a third year Psych student that took this course for an elective, and at first I took it because I thought it would be easy. Wasn't easy at all. Bell curved our final by 17% and I still barely passed.

good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+
"Gives good feedback" "Respected by students" "Skip class? You won't pass."

I believed him to be very inspiring and a fair teacher. Truly a person who actually cared for student success and I was able to maximize my abilities because of it.

good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+
"Participation matters" "Tests? Not many" "Lectures are long"

Good class.

11/05/2014
good
110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A-
"Hilarious" "Lectures are long" "Skip class? You won't pass."

Entertaining and engaging in class. I found material dry however he made class better. I only had to write two papers and received A's on both. It is not hard to do well if you show up for class, do the readings and pay attention in class which is what you pay to be there for anyway. :)

10/16/2014
good
PP110 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "There for you" "Respected by students"

Dr. Peetush is passionate about teaching, and really cares about his students. He explains concepts clearly, and is a fair marker. Covers a lot of material that's not in the readings. Overall, a great prof.

07/27/2014
PP110 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

Very kind man. His lectures are very confusing and his final exam was completely terrible, it dropped my mark from an 85 to 80 BUT he was willing to help when I told him my dilemma. I rarely went to class because most of the material was discussed in the seminar. He was funny in his lectures and tried to keep the class engaged. Overall a nice man

12/27/2013
good
PP110 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B

A lot of students do not like him or his teaching style. I did. He is very passionate and gets excited about the concepts he is explaining. If he catches you talking or texting he will stop the lecture and make an effort to publicly embarrass you. He's a rude awakening to university for students who received special treatment in high school.

11/28/2013
good
pp220 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

One of the best I've had in four years at Laurier. Really loves what he teaches and those he teaches. After our final test he gave everyone individual thanks and regards. Very serious about his classes, so please leave your phone and laptop off. Paying attention will pay off b/c (even making a tangent) Peetush will make you think. Thanks Professor.

11/28/2013
good
PP220 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

This prof was amazing, really inspired me, I loved how much I learned. He goes on a lot of tangents but is really passionate. No slides or anything, so attendance is mandatory, but it's a really great time.