in Wilfrid Laurier University-Waterloo that teach Philosophy Edit
are you Ashwani Peetush?
B+
11/05/2014
good
110 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A-
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Hilarious" "Lectures are long"

Entertaining and engaging in class. I found material dry however he made class better. I only had to write two papers and received A's on both. It is not hard to do well if you show up for class, do the readings and pay attention in class which is what you pay to be there for anyway. :)

10/16/2014
good
PP110 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"There for you" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Respected by students"

Dr. Peetush is passionate about teaching, and really cares about his students. He explains concepts clearly, and is a fair marker. Covers a lot of material that's not in the readings. Overall, a great prof.

07/27/2014
PP110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

Very kind man. His lectures are very confusing and his final exam was completely terrible, it dropped my mark from an 85 to 80 BUT he was willing to help when I told him my dilemma. I rarely went to class because most of the material was discussed in the seminar. He was funny in his lectures and tried to keep the class engaged. Overall a nice man

01/20/2014
PP220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Okay I was very confused the whole class- every class, BUT Dr. Peetush is SO nice, kind and caring and he ROCKS as a person. He giggles just like the Dhali Lama. Love him :)

12/27/2013
good
PP110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B

A lot of students do not like him or his teaching style. I did. He is very passionate and gets excited about the concepts he is explaining. If he catches you talking or texting he will stop the lecture and make an effort to publicly embarrass you. He's a rude awakening to university for students who received special treatment in high school.

11/28/2013
good
pp220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

One of the best I've had in four years at Laurier. Really loves what he teaches and those he teaches. After our final test he gave everyone individual thanks and regards. Very serious about his classes, so please leave your phone and laptop off. Paying attention will pay off b/c (even making a tangent) Peetush will make you think. Thanks Professor.

11/28/2013
good
PP220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

This prof was amazing, really inspired me, I loved how much I learned. He goes on a lot of tangents but is really passionate. No slides or anything, so attendance is mandatory, but it's a really great time.

good
PP220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Ashwani is a great professor. Mildly depressed that the class is over. Only class that I regret missing a lecture for.

good

N-ever thought that I would be mildy depressed after a course ended. I can't believe its actually over. PP220 was the best course I had taken throughout my university education. Ashwani is a great professor. Definitely going to take some of his other courses in the near future.

good
PP220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Never thought that I would be mildy depressed after a course ended. I can't believe its actually over. PP220 was the best course I had taken throughout my university education. Ashwani is a great professor. Definitely going to take some of his other courses in the near future.

07/26/2013
good
Legal Philosopy Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hands down the best prof I have ever had, I'm taking courses that I don't need just to get to learn more from him.

03/08/2013
good
pp200s Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I look for him when picking my courses. Great guy, loves what he is teaching, sincerely wants you to secceed. Will let you write on whatever you want

01/04/2012
pp1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely adored having him as a professor. He is so engaging in class, and he is extremely helpful outside of class. He really know his stuff and wants all his students to understand his lectures to the fullest!

12/17/2011
good
PP220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor; he is engaging, enthusiastic, entertaining, and brilliant. Do not regret taking his class for a second.

12/16/2011
good
PP213 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great professor! Extremely helpful with the topics. Make sure to go to his classes! This is where you learn the most. He is also very nice and extremely helpful if you visit him during office hours, which I strongly recommend. Overall a very nice guy, tries to keep the class interested, knowledgeable and helpful. I had Friday classes and still went

12/16/2011
good
Pp213 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Good guy

10/28/2011
good
PP213 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's really cute. And he does a great job of teaching the concepts/testing on things that were taught. He's also quite funny and engaging. He might have a little bit of a philosophy inferiority complex. He is always defending/advocating for philosophy as a major, and insulting other departments. He may have experienced some teasing in the past.

10/10/2011
good
PP213 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This prof really cares, he spent 2 hrs going over how to apply to law school with me, and then even helped me to write a letter of intent. He's a encouraging, helpful and very kind man.

09/18/2010
good
PP110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Peetush is a hard case. He is very clear in concepts, especially for those with no philosophy background. He also gives great examples and gets the class very involved. However, he is far too strict. He takes things which aren't a big deal (like walking into class two minutes late) and makes them into a huge deal. Not for everyone.

03/18/2010
good
Py220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A great prof who is very knowledgeable about philosophy.