Jim Retemeyer at Merced College

1/20/14

Math 81 Hybrid

Open

Grade ReceivedB

I took his class online. I came one time in his office. When I took exam. He still remember. He's great, always smile

1/20/14

Math 81 Hybrid

Open

Grade ReceivedB

I took his lass online. I came one time in his office. When I took exam, he still remember. He's great, always smile.

7/18/13

Math C 1055

he is funny but in his teaching side expects you to know already before he even shows you. When he shows you he skips steps.. one can't be asking him all the time "how do you get that?"

5/20/13

Math 81

What can I say.. I love this guy. He is so awesome and such a great teacher. I don't like math at all but my class was the most amazing class I had all semester..He expects you to work but he makes it fun. I am fortunate enough to be taking him for my next class in the fall..

1/17/13

MATH4A

Retemeyer is an awesome teacher! He absolutely loves math and loves to teach! He is so willing to help and answer questions he wants everyone to succeed! He uses a lot of analogies, stories, and cheesy jokes to keep you entertained. I took Cal1, definitely had to work for it but he made it fun! I'd definitely take him again!

12/9/12

MathCmath

I took Math C in the summer with him. He is, hands down, one of the best teachers ever. You can easily see his passion for math and his passion for life. He is an amazing teacher and I have not heard anything but great things about him. I would highly recommend his class to anyone taking math. Most people who take his class try to get him again.

9/5/12

mathC

Hands down he's the best. He explainsthe subject really well.

9/3/12

MathA1053

Hands down the best math teacher I've ever had. I had him during the summer and I still feel that he made sure to explain every concept thoroughly. He isn't the easiest teacher (but not overly difficult either) at Merced, but if you want a strong foundation for your next math class, Retemeyer is the way to go.

8/15/12

Math81

If you are a fast thinker and loves math like Jim...You'll do great in his class...but if you're not a fast thinker and espeically HATE MATH...pretty sure you'll get an D or F...The only thing that is cool about his clas is that all the homework are extra credit. ADVISE FOR YOU: wont pass the class if you dont do all the homework!!!!

8/5/12

MATH4A

He goes too fast, and he is very unclear. A lot of people fail his class.

7/21/12

MATHC

He is a great teacher and tries to teach how math is part of your everyday life... he isn't boring and truly loves to teach math. All homework was considered extra credit and he doesn't have favorites....

3/7/12

Calc04A

AWESOME TEACHER!! I thought i would hate night classes, but Jim is so much fun to be around, he keeps calculus interesting. Beware you will hear cheesy jokes, but would you rather have a professor that puts you to sleep?

11/15/11

MATHA

Before entering the world of Retemeyer Math Land, I had absolutely no interest in Math, but with a teacher who goes over clearly what we are learning and the main fact that he is attentive to those who just don't get it. He's a fun enthusiastic guy that loves his job, That's rare! And in the words of Retemeyer, (with passion) 49ers!! Lols

10/14/11

MATH80

He is a great teacher. I love him he is so nice and helpfull. He loves cookies!!! LOLO

8/2/11

MathA1051

Mr. Retemeyer is the type of teacher I only hope to become. Don't take his class if you are expecting to just have a grade given to you. He definately challenges students. You earn your grade. Awsome teacher!

5/25/11

ABC123

Mr. Retemeyer is a Great Educator. He does Not hand grades out; but he has a cool way of showing you Calc W/O Smoke & Mirrors. I just Completed his Calc 4a Class. I almost chose to retake the class but he inspired me to keep trying. Now I will Be taking Calc 4B with Don Power Next semmester. I was never a fan of math. Jim changed that about me.

5/6/11

mathA

extremely helpful

10/21/10

Math80

Mr. Retemeyer is the coolest teacher I've ever had for any subject. If I had a math teacher like him in High school maybe I would have taken more Math. He Makes Jokes all the time and some are really corny but he keeps the classroom light and explains everything very well. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who wants to LEARN. He Rocks....

9/19/10

matha

Super hott! Super helpful! Always has something to say and cares about his student, gives lots of examples, just about the best teacher in the world!!

9/10/10

mathC9122

He is super HOT and his class is really fun because he is funny and gets you to learn by many examples and just his style. He is very direct and is always available. He is great to work with. AWESOME!!!

More Mathematics professors at Merced College