in Merced College that teach Mathematics Edit
are you Jim Retemeyer?
B+

05/26/2014
good
Math-26 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

He's a great professor. He helps you a lot and makes the class fun. Unfortunately he's moving to Columbia college ?? I'm going to truly miss him

05/22/2014
good
Math C Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great professor and nice guy!

01/20/2014
good
Math 81 Hybrid Taken for Credit:No Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B

I took his class online. I came one time in his office. When I took exam. He still remember. He's great, always smile

01/20/2014
good

I took his lass online. I came one time in his office. When I took exam, he still remember. He's great, always smile.

07/18/2013
Math C 1055 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

he is funny but in his teaching side expects you to know already before he even shows you. When he shows you he skips steps.. one can't be asking him all the time "how do you get that?"

05/20/2013
good
Math 81 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

What can I say.. I love this guy. He is so awesome and such a great teacher. I don't like math at all but my class was the most amazing class I had all semester..He expects you to work but he makes it fun. I am fortunate enough to be taking him for my next class in the fall..

01/17/2013
good
MATH4A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Retemeyer is an awesome teacher! He absolutely loves math and loves to teach! He is so willing to help and answer questions he wants everyone to succeed! He uses a lot of analogies, stories, and cheesy jokes to keep you entertained. I took Cal1, definitely had to work for it but he made it fun! I'd definitely take him again!

12/09/2012
good
MathCmath Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took Math C in the summer with him. He is, hands down, one of the best teachers ever. You can easily see his passion for math and his passion for life. He is an amazing teacher and I have not heard anything but great things about him. I would highly recommend his class to anyone taking math. Most people who take his class try to get him again.

09/05/2012
good
mathC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hands down he's the best. He explainsthe subject really well.

09/03/2012
good
MathA1053 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hands down the best math teacher I've ever had. I had him during the summer and I still feel that he made sure to explain every concept thoroughly. He isn't the easiest teacher (but not overly difficult either) at Merced, but if you want a strong foundation for your next math class, Retemeyer is the way to go.

08/15/2012
good
Math81 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you are a fast thinker and loves math like Jim...You'll do great in his class...but if you're not a fast thinker and espeically HATE MATH...pretty sure you'll get an D or F...The only thing that is cool about his clas is that all the homework are extra credit. ADVISE FOR YOU: wont pass the class if you dont do all the homework!!!!

08/05/2012
MATH4A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He goes too fast, and he is very unclear. A lot of people fail his class.

07/21/2012
good
MATHC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a great teacher and tries to teach how math is part of your everyday life... he isn't boring and truly loves to teach math. All homework was considered extra credit and he doesn't have favorites....

03/07/2012
good
Calc04A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

AWESOME TEACHER!! I thought i would hate night classes, but Jim is so much fun to be around, he keeps calculus interesting. Beware you will hear cheesy jokes, but would you rather have a professor that puts you to sleep?

11/15/2011
good
MATHA Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Before entering the world of Retemeyer Math Land, I had absolutely no interest in Math, but with a teacher who goes over clearly what we are learning and the main fact that he is attentive to those who just don't get it. He's a fun enthusiastic guy that loves his job, That's rare! And in the words of Retemeyer, (with passion) 49ers!! Lols

10/14/2011
good
MATH80 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a great teacher. I love him he is so nice and helpfull. He loves cookies!!! LOLO

08/02/2011
good
MathA1051 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Retemeyer is the type of teacher I only hope to become. Don't take his class if you are expecting to just have a grade given to you. He definately challenges students. You earn your grade. Awsome teacher!

05/25/2011
good
ABC123 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Retemeyer is a Great Educator. He does Not hand grades out; but he has a cool way of showing you Calc W/O Smoke & Mirrors. I just Completed his Calc 4a Class. I almost chose to retake the class but he inspired me to keep trying. Now I will Be taking Calc 4B with Don Power Next semmester. I was never a fan of math. Jim changed that about me.

05/06/2011
good
mathA Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

extremely helpful

10/21/2010
good
Math80 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Retemeyer is the coolest teacher I've ever had for any subject. If I had a math teacher like him in High school maybe I would have taken more Math. He Makes Jokes all the time and some are really corny but he keeps the classroom light and explains everything very well. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who wants to LEARN. He Rocks....