in Arizona State University that teach Chemistry Edit
at Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
are you R Klassen?

11/18/2008
good
CHM113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Klassen was the BEST, most motivating, hardest-working professor I have ever had. He gave exciting, thought-proving lectures and really seemed to have a passion for the subject (as well as teaching it). Best prof. ever. I'm sorry he's gone.

08/20/2007
CHM116 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He gets off track a lot during lecture. When he's actually ON track he isn't bad at explaining things. Go to Chad's test-preparation lectures and you will improve your chances of scoring well on the difficult tests.

04/24/2007
chm113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is my first semester with Chemistry since high school and I was lost majority of the time. I usually pass sciences without trouble, but I am always frustrated with this class. He moves quickly and if you take the time outside of class, you might follow.

03/26/2007
CHM116 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had him for both 113 and 116, and I thought he did a better job with 113. He isn't very clear, but the tests are straight forward and the practice help a lot. I would recommend him, but I wouldn't rely on the lectures to learn the material (two words: Chad's Reviews.)

03/13/2007
good
CHM113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Interesting guy. Like his class. Tests are a little hard though!

03/06/2007
good
Chem113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Fantastic professor. I have taken this class before and that instructor was HORRIBLE. Klassen is a breath os fresh air and really knows how to make Chemistry easier to understand.

02/07/2007
good
CHM113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

01/17/2007
good
chm113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This guy is the greatest. He is very good at explaining. He is a great educator. He goes off on the occasional tangent which is needed sometimes in the class. The test are a challenge. Great to have casual conversations with.

01/08/2007
good
CHM113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Klassen makes interesting (if you don't mind side notes) and easy class. He is honest about the limitations of a first year Chem class. HW is optional; I never looked at it or read the book and got an easy A from his lectures and sample tests. Know the info on the sample tests, concepts mirror actual test (have even found repeat questions).

12/08/2006
CHM113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He jumps around way too much, he get's way ahead of himself and gets lost alot. But he's a nice guy.

11/13/2006
good
Chm113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Love this guy. Tests are easy compared to other classes. (I have a friend at west whos chem teacher is horrible) Funny easygoing and not a jerk like lots of proffessors are.

11/03/2006

...

10/29/2006
good
CHM325 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

All CHM 113 students hate their professors, that's a given! You cannot trust those kids. Klassen is one of the funniest, easy-going, hard-working professors in the CHM/BCHM department. He is down to earth and will bend over backwards to help you out. He is anything but scary! Take Klassen if you want to learn anything in school! He is A+++

10/26/2006
CHM113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Klassen is hard to follow during lecture. In the beginning of the semester I tried to keep up during lecture - that lasted about a week. Now I don't go or sleep through the lectures and rely solely on reading the book and going to Chad's review sessions and i got 88's ont the first two tests.

10/25/2006
CHM113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I actually get more confused when I go to class. He speaks extremely fast and jumps from subject to subject. The class average is extremely low. I have taken college chemistry prior to attending ASU, where I recieved an A, but he makes it impossible to remain interested and motivated in the class.

10/22/2006
CHM113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Klassen is one of the worst professors I've had! His explanations actually confuse me more. Concepts that are very simple and easy to understand are often made way more difficult than they need to be by him. I will never take his class again!

10/22/2006
CHM113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Klassen is not the best chemistry professor. He tends to get side tracked and skip around a lot. I WOULD NOT recommend him. I've found him to be confusing, as he tends to talk fast and then change the topic quickly. This is coming from someone who aced (and has an unparalleled passion for) advanced high school chemistry. Will NOT take him next sem.

10/11/2006
good

He's just a visiting professor so I don't know if he'll be around for much longer, but I would recommend him. It is chemistry, and its a difficult subject, but his tests are fair, and his lectures are clear. Go to class (there are in-class assignments) and Chad's reviews and you'll do fine.

09/02/2006
good
CHM453 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I definetely recommend him. His lectures are well organized and are usually powerpoint presentations that he also posts online.Class is very difficult but he made it very understandable and fun.I liked his bits of trivia before class started.Average on some tests were low but if you study decently youll do fine.He is very helpful and always around