R Klassen at Arizona State University

R Klassen

Number of ratings 19 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/18/08

CHM113

Dr. Klassen was the BEST, most motivating, hardest-working professor I have ever had. He gave exciting, thought-proving lectures and really seemed to have a passion for the subject (as well as teaching it). Best prof. ever. I'm sorry he's gone.

8/20/07

CHM116

He gets off track a lot during lecture. When he's actually ON track he isn't bad at explaining things. Go to Chad's test-preparation lectures and you will improve your chances of scoring well on the difficult tests.

4/24/07

chm113

This is my first semester with Chemistry since high school and I was lost majority of the time. I usually pass sciences without trouble, but I am always frustrated with this class. He moves quickly and if you take the time outside of class, you might follow.

3/26/07

CHM116

I had him for both 113 and 116, and I thought he did a better job with 113. He isn't very clear, but the tests are straight forward and the practice help a lot. I would recommend him, but I wouldn't rely on the lectures to learn the material (two words: Chad's Reviews.)

3/13/07

CHM113

Interesting guy. Like his class. Tests are a little hard though!

3/6/07

Chem113

Fantastic professor. I have taken this class before and that instructor was HORRIBLE. Klassen is a breath os fresh air and really knows how to make Chemistry easier to understand.

2/7/07

1/17/07

chm113

This guy is the greatest. He is very good at explaining. He is a great educator. He goes off on the occasional tangent which is needed sometimes in the class. The test are a challenge. Great to have casual conversations with.

1/8/07

CHM113

Dr. Klassen makes interesting (if you don't mind side notes) and easy class. He is honest about the limitations of a first year Chem class. HW is optional; I never looked at it or read the book and got an easy A from his lectures and sample tests. Know the info on the sample tests, concepts mirror actual test (have even found repeat questions).

12/8/06

CHM113

He jumps around way too much, he get's way ahead of himself and gets lost alot. But he's a nice guy.

11/13/06

Chm113

Love this guy. Tests are easy compared to other classes. (I have a friend at west whos chem teacher is horrible) Funny easygoing and not a jerk like lots of proffessors are.

11/3/06

10/29/06

CHM325

All CHM 113 students hate their professors, that's a given! You cannot trust those kids. Klassen is one of the funniest, easy-going, hard-working professors in the CHM/BCHM department. He is down to earth and will bend over backwards to help you out. He is anything but scary! Take Klassen if you want to learn anything in school! He is A+++

10/26/06

CHM113

Klassen is hard to follow during lecture. In the beginning of the semester I tried to keep up during lecture - that lasted about a week. Now I don't go or sleep through the lectures and rely solely on reading the book and going to Chad's review sessions and i got 88's ont the first two tests.

10/25/06

CHM113

I actually get more confused when I go to class. He speaks extremely fast and jumps from subject to subject. The class average is extremely low. I have taken college chemistry prior to attending ASU, where I recieved an A, but he makes it impossible to remain interested and motivated in the class.

10/22/06

CHM113

Klassen is one of the worst professors I've had! His explanations actually confuse me more. Concepts that are very simple and easy to understand are often made way more difficult than they need to be by him. I will never take his class again!

10/22/06

CHM113

Klassen is not the best chemistry professor. He tends to get side tracked and skip around a lot. I WOULD NOT recommend him. I've found him to be confusing, as he tends to talk fast and then change the topic quickly. This is coming from someone who aced (and has an unparalleled passion for) advanced high school chemistry. Will NOT take him next sem.

10/11/06

CHM113

He's just a visiting professor so I don't know if he'll be around for much longer, but I would recommend him. It is chemistry, and its a difficult subject, but his tests are fair, and his lectures are clear. Go to class (there are in-class assignments) and Chad's reviews and you'll do fine.

9/2/06

CHM453

I definetely recommend him. His lectures are well organized and are usually powerpoint presentations that he also posts online.Class is very difficult but he made it very understandable and fun.I liked his bits of trivia before class started.Average on some tests were low but if you study decently youll do fine.He is very helpful and always around

More Chemistry professors at Arizona State University