in Las Positas College that teach Design Edit
Carolyn Slutz-Baranouskas
Professor in the Design department
at Las Positas College, Livermore, CA
are you Carolyn Slutz-Baranouskas?
1.4
1.4
1.3

12/19/2013
ENGR 22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A

I received an "A" but she doesn't enjoy teaching and belittles students. She is the only teacher teaching autocad. I would have rather taken this at ohlone. She also teaches at las positas.

01/12/2012
ENGR22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I learned a fair amount in this class, but I surely didn't enjoy it. She makes you feel very uncomfortable in her class if she thinks you're not paying attention or if you (heaven forbid) don't understand a concept. She does offer a lot of extra credit though. I strongly suggest paying attention every class meeting and doing all of the extra credit

12/13/2011
Engr22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is the worst teacher I've ever had. She belittles students for not understanding materials or asking questions. Much of the material taught is outdated, made of poor copies and with terrible instructions. Avoid at all cost, but she's the only game within 50 miles (teaches at chabot too). Wish Mr. Level could teach this class.

08/13/2011
Engr22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

The most horrible teacher I've ever had in LPC. If you're not required to take this class, AVOID it. Most frustrating and horrible experience I've ever had.

06/09/2010
Engr20 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very old fashioned. Nice prof, but will make a fool of you if you have a question that somebody else has asked. She does not have good teaching skills and expects too much from the class. I was extremely let down from this class. I think engring is very interesting and she made it a very unpleasant experience. Avoid this class if it isn't required.

04/27/2010
ENGRENGR Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a very nice teacher until you ask her a question. If you aske her something that you are unclear about she will give a rude remark and then make you wish you never asked it. She is very out dated when it comes to teaching (blurry overhead, old data, out dated work exp.) by the end of class there were very few students left in class.Good Luck

01/29/2010
Engr22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She will explain once, so write everything down if you're new to the subject. She doesn't write things down and the notes that she does give you are vague and confusing. If you want to learn anything in this class you're going to have to learn independently of the class. You might HAVE to take her. Good luck!

08/11/2009
eng22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

she is a horrible teacher, but its an easy A if you show up and try. the best thing to do is work on the home work and teach yourself with the book, we sat in the back and work on hw together. WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T LISTEN TO HER SHE WILL JUST CONFUSE YOU. i haven't met anyone that stuck through her entire class and didn't get an A

08/25/2008
engr22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Many people in the class were frustrated with her teaching style. Getting to see her before class was difficult, and not of much help. I don't know if its the subject of descriptive geometry or her way of explaining it, but I really struggled in this class. Somehow I pulled off an 'A' but I had never struggled with a course this much.

12/20/2006
ciscad Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Most boring class in the world. I had her for Tuesdays and Thursdays and homework was around 2-3 Hours EACH NIGHT. Tests are extremely hard and one by one kids dropped out. Reading was required. At the end of class only 2 people including me was remaining. AVOID THIS TEACHER!!!