in Academy of Art University that teach Illustration Edit
are you Zimou Tan?
1.9

05/03/2013
good
FND112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best. Teacher. Ever. Actively search for his advice and he'll give you all the resources you'll possibly ever need. Tough grader though.

11/16/2011
good
ILL222 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Z is the best teacher I've had. If you want to become a professional artist, get him as your teacher. He will break down everything in detail, and give you more homework than other teachers, but it will result in better work! He has a good sense of humor too

11/14/2011
good
FND110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Really recommend this instructor, pushes you to produce results. Strict on grading but gives you 2nd chance to do assignments over. The process is very geometric, measuring and transferring angles. I had a hard time with that approach to drawing, often started pieces over 4-5 times. He's great that he will always give you help if you ask for it.

08/22/2011
good
FND110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hard, pushes you to the edge: but you will never learn more if you do your work. Best teacher I've had so far. is as hard to students as he is to himself. I had to redo the same drawing about 3 times (almost cried), but I've never learned so much in one class.If you're looking for easy, don't get him. If you're looking to improve, 100% recommended

03/28/2011
FND110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Tough, but not as tough as Joko. He does expect a lot out of you, but as long as you pay attention you'll do fine. (Even if it is mostly C's.) I must be a masochist because I enjoyed his strict grading style. It makes you want to work all the harder.

12/28/2010
good
AnalyForm Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent teacher! He is very challenging and at times hard to understand (accent) but he has a real knack for inspiring his students and giving wonderful criticism. One thing I really admired about him was that he held everyone to a professional standard. He can be harsh, but if you unplug your ears and listen, you will learn a great deal.

12/16/2010
FND110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Z was a good teacher, & I admit I see a difference in my artwork, but he's not the best teacher i've ever had. He sometimes isn't very clear on how to do something and He does gloat sometimes, im not going to lie. He did help me,but he just needs to not expect such fast results from his students.

08/02/2010
good
FND101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing artist. Taught me so much

05/20/2010
good

Z is probably one of the best teachers that I've had so far at my stay in AAU. He's encouraging, and despite his criticism being harsh, he points out the flaws as a way to help you learn and work from them so you can improve. I definitely recommend him.

11/30/2009
good
FOND101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Z is such a great guy! I really look forward to his class and insight.

11/30/2009
good
FOUND101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Z is one of the best teachers i've ever had. He never talks down to you but he's insanely talented. He wants everyone to do well and can really help you if you just ask him. He's really funny too :)

11/19/2009
FND110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He was very arrogant, kept making us pick between classmates, bragged about how much money he made and how he quit for 'artistic freedom.' Heard him outright say someone 'sucked' in front of the class. Tells you art is about perfect accuracy then tells you you need to make it better than life and literally lie and make the shadows 'better'....

07/28/2009
good
FND110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Z is one of the best teachers I've ever had. He definitely knows his stuff and tries his best to help others understand, willingly demonstrating things when words aren't enough or are unclear. And despite being a great artist he's also pretty humble. He continues to help me even though I'm no longer in his class, and will help any student who asks.

07/21/2009
good
FND112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Z, as I call him, is a really nice person, and a very helpful teacher. I respect him a lot. A great artist, I enjoy a lot of his work. I don't really see how he shows off his work, I see it as him just inspiring his students. He motivated me to keep drawing, and although I am not his student anymore, he is willing to take time to give advice.

06/05/2009
good
FND110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

he is very good, not the best one, though, i said, he lied a lot. he likes talking big, sees himself as a really great artist, loves showing off. he does helps a lot, taking his class is very chalenging, however, in foundation department, there's a lot more better teacher than him in the academy.

11/06/2007
good

A lot of people think he's a jerk, but he's not. He just expects you to do your work. Awesome teacher though.

08/25/2007

Larry is an amazing artist. He does his best to teach and help his students, but it is true he can be difficult to understand. But overall, if you're willing to learn he is more than glad to help you out. He's a really nice guy.

12/27/2006
good
FND113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Larry has a very thick accent that makes him hard to understand. He does know what he is talking about but he doesnt communicate it well. I did learn some new tips and improved my drawing skills a bit, but others in the class struggled. Some people say they learned more from me than Larry. The days i missed (even excused) dropped my grade, so show.