Shawna Haider at Salt Lake Community College

Number of ratings 31 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

7/2/14

Math-2250

Grade ReceivedINC

I have not completed the class yet, I may not..I don't want the end result to skew my review, so... She is an awesome professor. Very smart and helpful, she wants you to succeed. In her syllabus she says you need to understand the material not just the problems. She tests that way so you will have to learn. I don't regret taking her class.

8/9/13

Math 1210

I really enjoyed taking Calculus from Shawna Haider. It is a tough subject, and I had some issues mid-semester that made it even harder, but Shawna was very understanding, and allowed me to make up nearly half of the semester at the last minute. I highly recommend her classes to anyone, she clearly cares a great deal about her students' success.

5/15/13

MATH 1010

Shawna is a great math teacher! You need to stay on top of homework and the quizzes before each chapter. She currently uses mymathlab and only lectures half of the days. Lab activities can be helpful but I got the most out of her lectures.

12/16/12

MATH1010

Love Shawna. She truly does care about her students, and teaches in a way that is fun and easy to comprehend. It is a LOT of work but that's how math is. Finished with an A-

12/10/12

calc1210

Shawna is the best math professor I've had to date. Love what she does, and explains with great clarity. I wish I'd taken all my math courses from her.

12/9/12

MATH1210

I failed this class not because of the teacher, but of the class. Calculus was very hard for me, however Shawna is a very helpful teacher. Don't be like me and give up at the middle of semester. Stay on top of homework and study whenever possible. I recommend this professor very highly.

11/7/12

MATH1010

Shawna is the best math teacher ever! You will love her. She explains things so clearly. She is helpful, moves fast, but clarifies things if needed. She does great reviews for tests. Her labs are helpful because she allows you to do homework while she walks around and helps. TAKE HER!!!

5/7/12

MATH1060

I took trig online through Prof. Haider. Her chapter reviews were extremely helpful. Homework is due every other day so you have to be really on top of it. I recommend her math classes to anyone.

5/5/12

math1010

The best, if you want to learn you will. Shawna loves math and she is very good at her job!!

4/30/12

math1010

extremely helpful, patient, compassionate and fun to learn from.

12/15/11

Math1010

Shawna is very passionate about math and even wears clothing that portrays that. She is good at explaining concepts. She also truly wants you to succeed. You get the opportunity to retake tests and quizzes. Most of the work was done on the computer.

12/8/11

Math1010

Professor Haider is truly the BEST instructor I have ever had in my entire life! I sincerely mean that...from elementary school to college! She always has a warm, kind a& calm personality. Never puts a student on "the spot" or makes one feel embarassed for asking a question! She is truly patient, caring & wants every student 2 succeed! Gives Grace!

12/1/11

Math1010

Shawna is the best math teacher I've had so far! She explained things several times so that the concepts would sink in. She is funny and so sweet. I wish she was teaching 1050!! Take from her!

11/10/11

Math1010

She was great. I loved how she worked with us, she really wanted us to understand and see us succeed.

6/25/11

mat1010

Miss Shawna Haider is an amazing teacher and deserves a huge raise. She explains things in a way that makes math easy and even fun. I did not pass this class the first time because my teacher was not good and rarely showed up. I passed with a B+ with miss haider and I would have had an A but I didn't do all of the assignments

6/17/11

Math1060

I was never actually in her class, but her math videos that are online that anyone can use saved my hyde when I took trig in 8 weeks during the summer. I also met her once and she is very nice. I am all through with math, but if I had to take more classes, and she wasn't clear out at Jordan, I would love to take classes from her.

MATH1060

Of all my online classes, this is the one that had the most structure. Very willing to help, even one on one after live chapter reviews.

math1010

Shawna really knows her stuff and she wants you to succeed, she will go above and beyond to help you. She'll meet you before/after class, email you, and make videos. She gives an extra credit question on each test, and will let you retake one test! She is the best.

math1010

Shawna really knows her stuff and actually wants you to succeed! She will meet you before/after class, email you, and make videos. She is one of the best math teachers ever.

9/6/10

MATH1050

I love shawna. Best teacher ever!

More Mathematics professors at Salt Lake Community College