in North Carolina State University that teach History Edit
Professor in the History department
at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
are you David Ambaras?

04/10/2014
HIST 264 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Wouldn't recommend this professor at all. Probably the most difficult grader ever seen in 16 years of schooling. Asks a lot of an online class and very picky. Maybe if you have a PhD in Asian history you can do well in this course otherwise avoid it like the black plague since it will discourage you from wanting to learn Asian history.

02/24/2014
Hi264 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I haven't even gotten my grade in this class yet, but I know it's not going to be good. I'm only taking it because it's the only history I could fit into my schedule this semester. He expects so much from you, which is fine but I'm taking this to fulfill GED reqs, so I could care less. Definitely not an "easy A" course. Do not recommend.

02/24/2014

11/27/2013
good
HI 371 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was a Modern Japanese History class, and Ambaras is a very knowledgeable professor with personal experience in Japan. If you like Japan or history, you will enjoy his lectures! He only gives 4 projects as grades in this class, so be prepared to interpret films, primary sources, and more. He's a tough grader but gives good critique.

05/31/2012
good
hi264 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Ambaras is an awesome teacher. He is knowledgeable and makes history interesting. I'd highly recommend him.