in North Carolina State University that teach History Edit
Professor in the History department
at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
are you David Ambaras?

04/10/2014
HIST 264 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Wouldn't recommend this professor at all. Probably the most difficult grader ever seen in 16 years of schooling. Asks a lot of an online class and very picky. Maybe if you have a PhD in Asian history you can do well in this course otherwise avoid it like the black plague since it will discourage you from wanting to learn Asian history.

02/24/2014
Hi264 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I haven't even gotten my grade in this class yet, but I know it's not going to be good. I'm only taking it because it's the only history I could fit into my schedule this semester. He expects so much from you, which is fine but I'm taking this to fulfill GED reqs, so I could care less. Definitely not an "easy A" course. Do not recommend.

02/24/2014

11/27/2013
good
HI 371 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was a Modern Japanese History class, and Ambaras is a very knowledgeable professor with personal experience in Japan. If you like Japan or history, you will enjoy his lectures! He only gives 4 projects as grades in this class, so be prepared to interpret films, primary sources, and more. He's a tough grader but gives good critique.

05/31/2012
good
hi264 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Ambaras is an awesome teacher. He is knowledgeable and makes history interesting. I'd highly recommend him.

05/23/2012
good
HI001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Difficult, but brilliant and very willing to work with his students if you operate within his stated guidelines.

05/23/2011
good
HI491 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Senior Seminar. Really difficult class, very helpful outside of class and responsive to e-mails. Heavy on discussion (which I like) so don't take him if you don't like interpreting reading!

10/14/2010
good
HIST573 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This class is a combination class with undergraduates (473) and graduates. The course is extremely interesting and he is very knowledgeable about the field. There is quite a bit of reading so don't take his class when you will not have time for a difficult course. This is a 400-500 level course so expect that level of difficulty.

05/11/2010
HI233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Not a huge fan of this class. I took this online and I would not recommend it to anyone that is not a History major. If you are a History major, take a different class if one is available. He grades writing assignments too tough and they dominate the overall grade. I am glad that I will never have to take this teacher again!!!

11/04/2009
HI264 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

If you are not excited about history, don't take him. He's extremely droll and his lectures are just straight talking for an hour. His tests are difficult and don't mention important parts of the text. It's a very unpleasant experience.