Nanette Tamer at Stevenson University

Nanette Tamer

Number of ratings 42 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

10/15/13

ENG 151

Dr Tamer is a nice woman but honestly her classes are so uninteresting I can never stay focused and she is just wasting her time and the class' time. That being said, she is very nice and understanding and helpful. Her lessons are just dreadfully boring

4/24/13

ENGL 281

One of the best professors I have ever had! She is extremely sweet and understanding. Her course work is not hard at all and she chooses books that aren't expensive so students don't have to spend a lot of money.

12/6/11

ENG240

Super sweet professor. As long as you participate, you'll do pretty well. We had a small paper to write for our class and because we included all that we learned throughout the class, she ended up cancelling the final

3/30/11

eng152

Good teacher, she is very helpful on papers, but harsh on grammar so if you are bad at that then get a tutor. Lots of group projects helps make the class more fun and interactive.Go to class and do the work and you'll be fine. BTW there was no text book requiered for this class mostly poems and short stories.

9/15/10

ENG231

Dr. Tamer is a great professor. She is very nice and helpful, both in and outside of the classroom. If you take her for 230, be prepared for a group presentation that spans over two class periods and is 25% of your grade. If you take her for 230, do not hesitate to ask her help on homework assignments - she's great help!

7/14/10

ENG300

Had her for American Lit, Business Writing, & Hist and Structure. GREAT teacher. I don't think I could have learned parts of speech better from anyone. Very sweet woman as well. She's like the funky kindergarden teacher. Go to class, do the itty bitty homeworks, and be nice and you'll love her. She also gave me great grad school help. Befriend early, recommendation letters later.

11/11/07

ENG200

Dr. Tamer is a great teacher, but I wont lie, she's one foxy mama. We're talking H-O-T-T HOTT!

1/18/06

ENG 290

I had Dr. Tamer for the first half of the fall Semester 05. I loved it. She was funny and encouraged discussion. The exams were tough but easily studied for. I was very sad to have a sub take her place when she had to have surgery.

1/17/06

american litera

she is great! take her class, you wont regret it!

12/24/05

American Lit

Very nice lady and her class is a breeze, take her class!

8/30/05

Intro to Comp.

Although i just met her yesterday, she seems really nice. I think i'll like her class

4/20/05

English 152

Dr. Tamer is one of the best teachers I've had so far. She is always making you laugh at her but it makes the class more interestin. I dont find her grading on papers that hard, as long as you put the effort in you should be fine.

4/5/05

ENG 231, LAT306

Both classes were great... Dr. Tamer is the best. She's also my advisor, and is very helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend.

3/19/05

lots of eng

I love Dr. Tamer! :) She's so funny and sweet... take her class!

3/13/05

ENG 152

I liked her. She really helps you understand what you have done wrong on your papers so you won't make the same mistake twice. Take her!

2/21/05

Eng 152

She is so sweet that even though the subject matter is less than interesting, you can't help but like her. She does grade papers in an unusual way, which usually leave the writer with the short end of the stick. Overall, the class is a breeze.

11/24/04

ENG 353

She is very sweet and its hard not to smile in her class. You can learn a lot without any ridiculous workload.

3/15/04

eng 152

Rater Interest

only thing i dont like is that she grades us on 10 parts of our papers and chooses the lowest to give us for the whole paper. so basically, if i get all a's and a c, my paper is a c. it SUCKS

3/3/04

ENG 152

Rater Interest

I liked her a lot, but keep in mind she grades your paper three times and takes the worst grade, and all with a smile:) but she is very nice and helpful i must say

2/4/04

many engs

Rater Interest

she rules and is the nicest professor i've ever had.

More English professors at Stevenson University