in Collin College that teach Political Science Edit
at Collin College, McKinney, TX
are you Sonia Iwanek?

12/12/2013
good
Govt 2301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Iwanek is one of the best teachers I've ever had. Knowledgeable about the subject and ties course material to real world situations. Be prepared for in-class discussions everyday. Great professor if you talk what she says with a grain of salt. Very liberally biased.

12/05/2013
good
GOVT-2304-P01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Best professor i have ever had, she took a student who had no interest in this subject what so ever to someone who can actually maintain a political conversation in a educated way. If you want a teacher who really cares about her students and the topic that she teaches she is the one to take.

06/07/2013
good
GOVT 2302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great professor if you do not just want to be lectured to. Provides good, thought provoking class times. Lots of writing, however. Greatly enjoyed her class.

05/21/2013
good
2301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Professor Iwanek is now my favorite professor, and reminds me of what college is supposed to be like-challenging. If you are looking for a blow off government class, do not take her, because she teaches for her students to actually learn and take away something from the class. Be prepared to critically think on a daily basis if you want an A.

03/26/2013
GOVT 2303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She was a terrible professor, I withdrew from the class and thats been my only withdraw in all of my college career because she simply does not teach. unless you want to basically explain HER assignments to yourself through blackboard I recommend you take a professor who teaches.Be prepared for 10+ page papers which she wont really explain to you.

03/06/2013
GOVT 2304 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof Iwanek is amazing & definitely has a passion for Model UN, HOWEVER, if you don't plan on doing Model UN, don't make it on the team, or are already involved in other extracurricular, I would not advise taking this class. Quizzes over the textbook but no lecture on it,extremely long assignments with little explanation &little real PoliSci study.

12/18/2012
good
govt2301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This class is not easy, involve lots of writing.She is not hard grader.but, for govt 2301, I was not expecting that much work.the lectures were entertaining.

12/02/2012
good
GOVT2304 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Teaching style involves questioning rather than preaching (thank God). Encourages independent research. Not an overly hard/easy grader, but pushes for creative(like, different) answers. Likes to give students compliments (too many). Has a small cult of acolytes who feels she changed their lives. Likes to play devil's advocate in discussions.

12/02/2012
good

Took the Political Science class. The course came with a FREE TRIP to D.C....A FREE F-ING TRIP!!! Anywho. Course work instructions/due dates are clearly listed online. Not an especially hard grader and appreciates quirky answers. Oh, on that free trip, the class offers a program that's essentially a competition. Good/easy resume material.

07/10/2012
GOVT2302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I have no interest in Government whatsoever. Prf Iwanek got me thinking about how to be an active citizen and got me caring about things I wouldn't have before I took her class. The tests are super hard, but I would say the main grade is participation. Very hands on, and entertaining class. Plus she's a total babe. Highly recommended.

05/15/2012
good
GOVT2304 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was one of the best classes I have ever taken! Professor Iwanek is an incredible teacher and person. She is a perfectionist though and will challenge your mind to no end. There was a lot of time put into Model UN instead of the actual class but it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot

05/07/2012
GOV2302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Good professor, I enjoyed being in the class, but was not prepared for how hard it was going to be. You have 2 tests, 1 huge paper, 1 debate and report on 2 current events. Attendance is a MUST! Overall I enjoyed it, but super hard class.

04/24/2012
good
govtgovt Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

great professor. the class was fun and informative...if you study and stay involved you will do great...slackers will struggle...Prof Iwanek has a great personality and makes the lectures engaging.

04/05/2012
good
Govt2302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Though criticism can be a good thing, keep in mind we are in TX. People got way too defensive in class. Yeah she is more liberal, but being challenged is good. Seems the people that liked her the least were the ones who didn't want to think past what the conservative media fed them. Keep an open mind, desire growth. She's not perfect,but great prof

12/12/2011
good
GOV2302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I'm shocked by how high her ratings are! Mrs.Canada is a perfectionists and takes her job way too seriously. She has high expectations and thinks extremely high of herself and Canada as she bashes every other country including the U.S. IF this is the career pathway you're looking into, she's definitely your top pick. If not, then be warned.

12/04/2011

I am surprised she has such high ratings. I really like her as a person, but she thinks too highly of her teaching capabilities. She talks so much about making you critically think and that's what she's looking for but I really didn't learn anything in her class. She was gone a lot & we never knew what we should be studying.Nowcramming 4 her final!

12/01/2011
GOVT2304 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She threw kind of emotional tantrums and walked out on class twice at least. She is a perfectionist when it comes to Model UN, but she really loves what she does and is passionate about politics. Keep and open mind and you will love her!Great professor, because I learned a lot, and not just about politics but the world!

11/28/2011
good
GOVT2304 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

There is a lot to say about professor Canada. I was skeptical and often on the border with her. I didn't do amazing in her class because politics was completely foreign to me. We focused a lot more on the Model UN. She is a complicated person, but she is a good professor, if you are willing and eager to learn. She is great at her job.

08/17/2011
good
GOVT2302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Being an International student, American Govt seemed incomprehensible. Iwanek always helped when I asked, with every little question I had, so much so that I ended up becoming a Poli Sci major and also got an A in the class. Go upto her, show up in her office, work for it and your A is gauranteed. And oh, the class is nothing But Fun !!!! :)

08/15/2011
good
Govt2302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took her class last summer and it was my reintroduction to college. She is an amazing professor with a great deal of knowledge. She is not an easy grade you have to work for it, but it felt even better getting an A in class because I felt like I earned it. She is by far my fave professor.