in Community College of Rhode Island that teach Law Edit

04/25/2014
con law Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is honestly one of the worst teachers in the world. The class is uncomfortable. All her exams are essay questions. For someone who is horrible at essay questions, i find it pretty unfair to be penalized for not being able to remember word-for-word what she says in class. She knows her stuff, but needs a different method of testing.

08/28/2013
Legal Studies Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

First she doesn't let you take notes with a recorder. I was passing the class but felt I required more understanding. I asked her for help and she told me I was doing well and didn't need any. I told her anyone can pass a test.I dropped the class 3 weeks before finals.

12/18/2012
good
laws1080 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher, gives a ton of examples of cases, experiences, etc. You have to come to class and get the notes Tests are ALL on the notes. Very easy to understand. She is an awesome teacher and I'm trying to get her for all my laws classes!

11/16/2012
good
LAW2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

she is the BEST professor I have ever had! I can not say enough good things about her. She teaches awesome so you understand everything. Test are essay form but she gives you the questions ahead of time. EASY A! go to her class and take good notes and youll get an A. She has helped me pursue my career and I couldnt be more thankful.

10/04/2012
good
LAW2020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Conveys everything clearly. Best Law professor I ever had. Some ego (reeling off accomplishments), but that's necessary for a lawyer. Every test is in the form of ten essay questions. Form is more important than function. If the answer is X, Y, Z, and you answer in a compound sentence, you bomb. If you use seperate sentences, you pass every time.

05/03/2012
good
LAWS200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best Professor I have ever had. I wish I had her for all my classes. She isn't easy but her teaching style makes it easy to understand, which makes her exams earlier. If you don't come to class you will have a hard time come exam day

04/18/2012
good
Law1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

i took one class with her this semester...next semester im taking 3

09/30/2011
good
Laws1080 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have taken several classes with Professor MacDougall (it is MACDougall) - She is an excellent teacher and you will do well so long as you write proper essay answers on the exams. Also, it is true - she wants certain definitions remembered word-for-word. Important in the legal profession anyhow so she is right to require it.

01/12/2009
good
LawEVID Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

all test questions are given before exam. u need to memorize word for word in this class easy A if you put in the effort. seriously wants word for word memorize what she tells you exactly or maj points come off for missing word. other essay answers. can drop final if you are happy with your grade. Nice teacher in and outside of class.

12/22/2008
good
Laws2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I have taken a few courses with her, and I found this one to be a little harder than the rest. However, she still taught it great. Just take good notes and you'll do good.

12/22/2008
good
Laws1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is a great teacher! Has a lot of examples from real life. Her tests are a little hard, but as long as you take good notes and study you'll do fine. She gives the questions for the tests before hand, but make sure to memorize word for word. She grades very fair too.

11/12/2008
good
lawEvid Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Good teacher tells exactly what is on the test u need to MEMORIZE! one thing to remember WORD FOR WORD. If you leave words out there will be problems! BE SURE TO ASK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS IN CLASS IT SEEMS TO BOTHER HER IF YOU APPROACH OUTSIDE OF CLASS! Does answer email but won't give an answer to your question so ask in class.

04/01/2008
good
LAW001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof. McDougall is an excellent teacher and is strongly reccomended even if you do not have an interest in the sunject. Study her notes and you will get an A no problem.