in Michigan State University that teach English Edit
are you William Penn?
A+

04/11/2014
good
ISS 210 730 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Penn is the best professor I've had at MSU. He makes coming to class worth it and teaches things that you apply to your own life.

10/13/2010
good
ENG423 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took his class while studying abroad on London back in 2004. The guy was way more laid back while abroad, but he still wanted our best. I really enjoyed getting to know him and working with him. He gave meaning and understanding to my first trip to Europe!

09/25/2005
good
Eng 323 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

All of Penn's classes are great--if you're looking to learn how to critique content. You can write crap--but as long as you participate in class discussions (intelligent comments only) you'll get at least a 3.0. Frivolous comments can count against your grade. Do read the material he asks you to-most of it's good but if it's bad and you don't think it's worth finishing-let him know durning class, exlplain, and he'll excuse the material for the class.

03/02/2005
good
IAH Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This guy is great. He's the real deal and he goes beyond dry stuff.

12/06/2003
IAH 231A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Not a structured class. TAs didn't know much either. Sells you his books and makes you write about them. He's very bias on certain issues.

11/18/2003
ENG Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

He is one of a kind. I took him numerous times, because he grades so easily. It is all in if he likes you, he teaches about life,( to a bunch of 18 year olds) and a little about lit. and writing. He told me on my first paper to switch my major,ididnt

09/14/2003
good
NONFICTION Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Yes. Yes. Yes. He scared me to death in the beginning, but after there were drops and I came to respect his talents and his honesty I realized that he was a wonderful professor. He told me when something was bad, and I respect that.

07/27/2003
ENG 423 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Has interesting things to say, but if you have a problem with pretentious individuals with more than a little hubris, I'd recommend you not enroll in any of his classes. It really depends on who you are.

04/29/2003
good

If you can't write, don't come to college. This is what Penn teaches. He will make your writing better but will tear you apart if you're lazy and/or stupid. If you are either, he will let you know. Pulls NO punches. This is not a bad thing.

12/10/2002

Preaches about life lessons and his book, not a very structured class at all.