William Penn at Michigan State University

William Penn

Number of ratings 10 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

4/11/14

ISS 210 730

Professor Penn is the best professor I've had at MSU. He makes coming to class worth it and teaches things that you apply to your own life.

10/13/10

ENG423

I took his class while studying abroad on London back in 2004. The guy was way more laid back while abroad, but he still wanted our best. I really enjoyed getting to know him and working with him. He gave meaning and understanding to my first trip to Europe!

9/25/05

Eng 323

All of Penn's classes are great--if you're looking to learn how to critique content. You can write crap--but as long as you participate in class discussions (intelligent comments only) you'll get at least a 3.0. Frivolous comments can count against your grade. Do read the material he asks you to-most of it's good but if it's bad and you don't think it's worth finishing-let him know durning class, exlplain, and he'll excuse the material for the class.

3/2/05

IAH

This guy is great. He's the real deal and he goes beyond dry stuff.

12/6/03

IAH 231A

Rater Interest

Not a structured class. TAs didn't know much either. Sells you his books and makes you write about them. He's very bias on certain issues.

11/18/03

ENG

Rater Interest

He is one of a kind. I took him numerous times, because he grades so easily. It is all in if he likes you, he teaches about life,( to a bunch of 18 year olds) and a little about lit. and writing. He told me on my first paper to switch my major,ididnt

9/14/03

NONFICTION

Rater Interest

Yes. Yes. Yes. He scared me to death in the beginning, but after there were drops and I came to respect his talents and his honesty I realized that he was a wonderful professor. He told me when something was bad, and I respect that.

7/27/03

ENG 423

Rater Interest

Has interesting things to say, but if you have a problem with pretentious individuals with more than a little hubris, I'd recommend you not enroll in any of his classes. It really depends on who you are.

4/29/03

ENG 423

Rater Interest

If you can't write, don't come to college. This is what Penn teaches. He will make your writing better but will tear you apart if you're lazy and/or stupid. If you are either, he will let you know. Pulls NO punches. This is not a bad thing.

12/10/02

IAH 231A

Rater Interest

Preaches about life lessons and his book, not a very structured class at all.

More English professors at Michigan State University