in Leeward Community College that teach Digital Media Production Edit
at Leeward Community College, Pearl City, HI
are you Irwin Yamamoto?

07/08/2014
good
DMED131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is an excellent teacher, from film analysis to video editing, he has a wealth of knowledge for those who wish to learn. He is maybe a touch too polite to rude students. Wish he would give handouts on procedures/processes but he didn't want us to lean too heavily on those, he wanted us to take notes, learn and remember.

05/16/2014
good
DMED 150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+

Good teacher, hates students who use their phone in class, watch a lot of movies, does not accept late work at all, quizzes are all written no multiple choice, & always ask questions!

04/06/2014
good
DMED 150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Yamamoto has a laid back style but you still learn so much. I really enjoyed his Film class and look forward to taking more of his classes in the future.

01/24/2014
good

Irwin is an awesome professor. Probably the best in the 3 year's I've been at LCC. He explains in detail and is ALWAYS willing to help his students. Although attendance isn't mandatory, you should not miss a single class.

12/16/2013
good
TVPR 276 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He pushes you to excel.

11/14/2013
good
DMED 131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

HANDS DOWN! ONE OF THE BEST TEACHERS ON THIS CAMPUS!!! He?s funny, smart, and really knows his stuff!! You always leave his class learning something new. I?m excited to take another class from him!

11/07/2013
good
DMED150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

I have to say, he is one of the BEST teachers here! He has so much knowledge on the subject of film/production, and over 20 years of experience! I learned SO MUCH in his film analysis class, and now look at films in a totally different way! I am thoroughly enjoying his DMED131 class. He has brought my video skills to a whole new level BEST CLASS!

11/07/2013
good
DMED 131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

NO EXPERIENCE? You have been grossly misinformed buddy! He has more knowledge and experience in this field than 90% of all the other teachers here! Irwin goes ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure we understand what he is teaching. His teaching skills are among the finest here! If you are SERIOUS about learning anything in this field his class is a MUST!

12/14/2012
good
DMED131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I worked hard and I apropriately received an A. He was very helpful; taking the time to looked at my projects outside of class several times. I now have a new found interest in video production. I highly recommend him for intro to video.

01/15/2012
good
TVPRO126 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Fair to students, knowledgeable in subject, always justified in grading. Projects are educational and related to subject. Makes sure that you get help whenever you need it. Very interested in the progress and problems of students.

07/25/2011
dmed130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I kinda already knew a little bit about storyboarding before I took this class. Sad to say I didn't really learn anything new from it. :(

12/31/2010
DMED130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I agree with the others! I can't believe they let this guy teach this class!

12/22/2010

I was really looking forward to taking this class and this instructor killed it all for me. The class only met once a week, but he came in as if he had nothing ready for us! I think he was also a little bias with some of the other students. One last thing. He has a tendency to breathe over your shoulder while you work in class. Super annoying!

12/21/2010
DMED130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This guy was awful. He was seriously unorganized and of course vague, but still gave the students hell if they came unprepared. Plus, he has zero experience in the subject's field! I think he should be restricted from teaching this class. Save yourself the headache and take a different instructor.

11/15/2009
good
DMED131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A chill teacher. He's pretty cool and he helps you a lot. He gives you the questions for a quiz a day before. He explains things pretty well. I recommend him if you're taking DMED classes. Oh one more thing, take notes! It will help.

02/28/2007
good
dmed150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very helpful and informed teacher. Wants students to create complete professional projects. Will give you the tools you need to succeed, but you will have a lot of work to do though. Hope you enjoy making movies.