Irwin Yamamoto at Leeward Community College

Irwin Yamamoto

Number of ratings 16 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

7/8/14

DMED131

He is an excellent teacher, from film analysis to video editing, he has a wealth of knowledge for those who wish to learn. He is maybe a touch too polite to rude students. Wish he would give handouts on procedures/processes but he didn't want us to lean too heavily on those, he wanted us to take notes, learn and remember.

5/16/14

DMED 150

Grade ReceivedB+

Good teacher, hates students who use their phone in class, watch a lot of movies, does not accept late work at all, quizzes are all written no multiple choice, & always ask questions!

4/6/14

DMED 150

Mr. Yamamoto has a laid back style but you still learn so much. I really enjoyed his Film class and look forward to taking more of his classes in the future.

1/24/14

DMED131

Irwin is an awesome professor. Probably the best in the 3 year's I've been at LCC. He explains in detail and is ALWAYS willing to help his students. Although attendance isn't mandatory, you should not miss a single class.

12/16/13

TVPR 276

He pushes you to excel.

11/14/13

DMED 131

HANDS DOWN! ONE OF THE BEST TEACHERS ON THIS CAMPUS!!! He?s funny, smart, and really knows his stuff!! You always leave his class learning something new. I?m excited to take another class from him!

11/7/13

DMED150

I have to say, he is one of the BEST teachers here! He has so much knowledge on the subject of film/production, and over 20 years of experience! I learned SO MUCH in his film analysis class, and now look at films in a totally different way! I am thoroughly enjoying his DMED131 class. He has brought my video skills to a whole new level BEST CLASS!

11/7/13

DMED 131

NO EXPERIENCE? You have been grossly misinformed buddy! He has more knowledge and experience in this field than 90% of all the other teachers here! Irwin goes ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure we understand what he is teaching. His teaching skills are among the finest here! If you are SERIOUS about learning anything in this field his class is a MUST!

12/14/12

DMED131

I worked hard and I apropriately received an A. He was very helpful; taking the time to looked at my projects outside of class several times. I now have a new found interest in video production. I highly recommend him for intro to video.

1/15/12

TVPRO126

Fair to students, knowledgeable in subject, always justified in grading. Projects are educational and related to subject. Makes sure that you get help whenever you need it. Very interested in the progress and problems of students.

7/25/11

dmed130

I kinda already knew a little bit about storyboarding before I took this class. Sad to say I didn't really learn anything new from it. :(

12/31/10

DMED130

I agree with the others! I can't believe they let this guy teach this class!

12/22/10

DMED130

I was really looking forward to taking this class and this instructor killed it all for me. The class only met once a week, but he came in as if he had nothing ready for us! I think he was also a little bias with some of the other students. One last thing. He has a tendency to breathe over your shoulder while you work in class. Super annoying!

12/21/10

DMED130

This guy was awful. He was seriously unorganized and of course vague, but still gave the students hell if they came unprepared. Plus, he has zero experience in the subject's field! I think he should be restricted from teaching this class. Save yourself the headache and take a different instructor.

11/15/09

DMED131

A chill teacher. He's pretty cool and he helps you a lot. He gives you the questions for a quiz a day before. He explains things pretty well. I recommend him if you're taking DMED classes. Oh one more thing, take notes! It will help.

2/28/07

dmed150

Very helpful and informed teacher. Wants students to create complete professional projects. Will give you the tools you need to succeed, but you will have a lot of work to do though. Hope you enjoy making movies.

More Digital Media Production professors at Leeward Community College

It looks like this department doesn't have many professors on RateMyProfessors.com. Add a new professor to this school!