in Lone Star College (all) that teach Biotechnology Edit
Lawrence Loomis-Price
Professor in the Biotechnology department
at Lone Star College (all), Houston, TX
are you Lawrence Loomis-Price?

10/30/2012
good
BITCmeth Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Larry is one of the best professors I've had so far. He explains things in an understandable way and will always go into detail if the class shows interest in a specific topic. He's like a library of information about science. The tests are somewhat hard, but you learn soo much about good lab technique by the end of it.

10/17/2012
good
CHEM1405 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Loomis Price is a great professor. He is the best chemistry professor ever. I was freaking out because I took chemistry class for the time. But, Dr. Price make it so easy for me. He is very clear in explaining stuff. In short, he is awesome. Just took his class I promise you'll gonna love it.

10/12/2012
good
Chem1405 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr Larry is an amazing professor. He is very clear with what he expects of his students, and he is very helpful. I HIGHLY recommend him, even if you don't like science!! He is the best teacher I've ever had. He likes to blow up things lol

08/03/2011
good
biol1408 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great Professor. He sticks to the syllabus, he gives great lectures. I am saying he is easy, if you do the work the tests are always over his material. Great class

12/09/2010
good
BIOL1408 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very good teacher, and would definitely recommend him His tests arent easy though. But if you study and actually do your work you should do well. After all this is college and not high school so you have to work hard to get an A. But overall he is very friendly and more than willing to help you.

10/02/2010
good
BITC1411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Fantastic professor. All his tests in all his Bitc classes are in the same format, lets you make them up for half credit. Seems to know at least something about everything, and knows how to get it down to the student's level. Tends to speak with a tone of being better than his students, but let's face, with his background and knowledge, he is.

05/03/2010
good
BIOLBITC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

A really good teacher. I would take any class of his anytime. He explains clearly and is willing to help you out. However, his tests are no joke. You will have to study and know the material. Take him if you can. MIT graduate and a guest lecturer at Johns Hopkins University - knows his stuff!

01/23/2010
good
BIO1406 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. LP is the best teacher I have ever had. That is the highest I can speak of him. He made class fun and the atmosphere of the class room very comfortable to learn a difficult subject. I wish I could take him for all my science classes. He is the reason my outlook on my future is bright. I understood his teachings and learned biology is not a hard

12/17/2009
BIOTE1400 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Having read many of the comments I agree with several comments about the difficulty. His backround reflects his MIT-thorough teaching style-be forewarned-these are not community college level classes no matter what they say. His expectation on the technical writing side are high and because of this, attention to detail appears over the top.

12/15/2009
BITC2411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took Dr. Larry for Instrumentation. He is very anal and wants things done a certain way. He does have open book test but they are very hard and hard to pass he wants so much information for one answer that you can't remember it all. He teaches a lot of the classes in the Biotech Field.I feel he teaches to many of them. Be prepared.

11/12/2009
good
BIOL1406 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is always willing to help his students and you can tell he is passionate about the subjects he teaches. It's impossible for him to teach all the material in class so you will have to read your book but he does hit the high points in lecture. This is college, not high school so you are expected to do work on your own(reading) for an A.

11/06/2009
good
bio1406 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

dr loomis-price cares about his students. he is very passionate about teaching. take him he is wonderful!!!

11/06/2009
good
bio1406 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr LP is wonderful. His tests are kinda hard but he gives a good review for them. He is very excited and makes learning biology fun. Take HIM!! Recomended if ur a bio major=)

07/10/2008
organchem Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Price was the worst teacher that I have ever encountered I took him for intro to ogranic chem and he mad the class so hard that I had to be placed on blood pressure meds.He never had time to meet with me, he was so anal and he talks down to you like you are stupid and he is better than you are. I never want to see him on the streets.

07/08/2008
OrganChem Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was the worst teacher that I have ever had. He gave open book test and they were hard, You had to take all test in the testing center this was an intro class an he made it so hard that I wanted to drop out of school and I am old. I never want to take him again for anything. He let us make up the test but taht took 2 much time.

04/26/2008
CHEM1419 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Tests are extremely tricky & hard for an intro class. Test avg's are low. Never teaches reactions well. Never updates website. Requires mass amounts of reading & self learning. Lab runs 10-20 min after class. Isnt very helpful. Test corrections must be done outside of class and take 2-4 hrs. Moves schedule around alot. Test questions are ambigious.

03/08/2008
bitc2441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very hard to please, very anal about how he wants certain things written, the only good thing he lets you do is makeup tests and papers, but only due to complaints from students.