Donna Salkil at Johnson County Community College

Donna Salkil

Number of ratings 13 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/20/07

Fruit101

I have had Donna for 2 classes at JCCC. I have learned so much from her. When applying for a position at a local nursery, of course they asked about my education and instructors. Donna's reputation is well known and respected by people in the industry. She is one of the most accessible and helpful instructors I have had the honor of having.

9/27/07

HORT220

This is the first Hort class I signed up for and it was a blast! I learned so much yet it was manageable because you can get to see similarities in plants and what they need. Donna is a pretty cool teacher and if you tell her that you like a particular plant she will teach you all about it. I'm looking forward to more classes with her.

8/22/07

CLASSSECT

One of the best teachers at JCCC. I had a few classes and they were all great.

8/10/07

Hort220

Donna's teaching style is very unique. While attendance is mandatory for any class to learn; Donna remained flexible in allowing us to partner with others and obtain information when unable to attend class. We all worked as a team in her class; studying and quizzing each other. I made many friends, learned a lot I did not know all thanks to Donna!

8/9/07

HORT110

Doona is easy going, but is a ver effective teacher. She makes learning fun, and I look forward to taking other classes with her.

8/9/07

HORT115

Donna's pretty awesome. She knows a lot about plants and she's an excellent teacher. Her classes are very hands-on and fun. And bonus, anything you grow for the class you can take home. Like other reviewers, I would give her an A+++!

8/8/07

HORT115

Donna gets and A+ from me! She is always willing to help. She gladly shares her wealth of knowledge and her time with her students and others. She creates an atmosphere in the classroom that generates an attitude of learning and fun. You don't have to be afraid to ask questions here! Have fun and learn.

HORT115

Very hands on instructor. Makes you want to learn more!

HORT150

One of the most motivating, informative, always available and approachable teachers I've ever had the honor of learning from. Clearly has the interests of her students at heart and wants nothing but for them to learn! Her labs are many and very informative. We learn as much from our failures as our success in the greenhouse and the gardens.

HORT125

One of the most knowledgeable and nicest teachers anywhere. Has a knack for explaining the science behind plants. We had 13 labs in HomeHort (starting plants from seeds, transplanting, cuttings, forcing bulbs, etc.) so I don’t understand the review that said no labs (maybe a diff teacher??). Her classes made me realize that I can be a gardener.

HORT125

3/7/07

Hort125

She is arrogant, knows nothing and uses her students as scapegoats. She acts like a professor but is clearly not qualified for teaching. JCCC needs to hire more qualified teachers and control better what this lady does to her students . A true dictator manipulating the students for her own interests. - Hort125 - 5, 1, 1

2/24/07

Hort125

Hort: Teaches Home Gardening, Herbaceous Plants, etc. I will not recommend her class to anyone. No science. Talks bluff! Not qualified to teach. As for labs, there are none: except weeding!

More Horticulture professors at Johnson County Community College