Roger Parsons at Boise State University

Roger Parsons

Number of ratings 28 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/18/12

Math124

Dr. Parsons is a great professor! I HATE math but because of his help I was able to pass this class with an A! Class can get a bit long and a little confusing, but he is ALWAYS willing to meet outside of class (which I recommend) and he helps A LOT in a 1:1 situation! He's very kind, very helpful, and my favorite teacher I've ever had! TAKE HIM!!!!

5/4/12

Math130

Parsons is a horrible teacher. If you show any sort of creativity and do math a different way than him, it doesn't matter if you get the correct answer, he'll mark you wrong. Best thing I can say about him is he's so slow at teaching that you'll have no problem following him. Don't take a class from Parsons.

4/13/12

Math130

I decided to take a chance and take his 130 class.I dont regret it.He's got an extremely dry sense of sarcastic humor,which makes things entertaining. He commits a ton of time to office hours,it was essential for me to attend. If you get a question wrong on a quiz and you think it was correct,go talk to him,he is not totally unreasonable.

12/12/11

math124

Dr. Parsons is a great man, but seems to have been teaching the material for so long that it becomes hard to explain. He will take a full class day going over one problem and his final was nothing like his other tests, and it landed me a C in the class when I had a B before. If you can, take this class from a different professor.

7/28/11

MATH124

Difficult subject and approach, but ended up with great admiration for this prof.

5/17/11

Math124

I have NEVER been so frustrated with a professor/class!!! I studied very hard and did the problems for the homework (which is not graded)... You CAN'T SHOW your arithmetic or else you don't get credit... he is just so picky in the way he grades and it was so hard to follow him at times as well as his handwriting I couldn't even read on the board.

5/13/11

MATH124

He doesn't explain anything. When you go in for help he just hands you a paper and tells you to do the problem and there is usually others asking for help at the same time. Don't read the book, he doesn't even follow it.

5/12/11

Math124

Dr. Parsons is available during his office hours and if you go he is very helpful and really does care about your math retention. He gives you the option on how to distribute you final grade. That's awesome! I was having a very hard time at first but by going to his office hours and asking questions I passed. This class is what YOU make of it.

4/20/11

math124

This class was absolutely worthless. Please please please don't disregard the people's comments on this page I really wish i listened. HORRIBLE PROFESSOR!

12/22/10

Math124

Terrible teacher. I don't think he cares as much as he should about students. He has open office hours after class, but the few times I attended I got nothing from them. He's very particular in how the answers are written. And a good portion of your grade will be based on a written paper and presentation, which he grades as poorly as he teaches.

12/19/10

MATH124

Parsons is a different kind of prof. He has a new way of looking at math. U must realize that if you are going to take him, it's his way or the highway. As long as you show up to class, pay attention to how he writes problems, go to his office hours a couple times, and have all parts of your project, you'll do fine. I did all of this and got an A.

12/16/10

math124

I owuld not take this course again from him. He grades however the mood is taking him that day, fails who he wants, and passes others based on his moods. Totally a waste of time.

12/11/10

Math124

It is essential to learn to give the answers that he is looking for in exactly the way he is looking for it. I do very well in Math classses and just may fail this class because of this one thing. He teaches fine. He does try to help you. You will have to do a presentation and will be graded on the entire presentation.

5/13/10

math124

He is a great guy, and really cares about his students! Everyone always talks bad about him, but if they would have gone to talk to him themselves he would have helped them!! A few girls and I thought we were going to fail so we started going to his office hours and we all passed with a B :)

5/5/10

mathLEC

He is ridiculous. His grading is totally arbitrary, I got marked wrong for writing my answer left of the problem rather than under it. The Quizes (which are the only points) range from 18-29 points, with ten problems on each quiz... so if you miss 3 problems you're toast.... Good Luck

3/21/10

MATH124

Your grade depends solely on quizzes & the final. Homework assignments are RECOMMENDED but he doesn't require you to turn it in, so there isn't any point in doing the homework. Requires one presentation during the semester. Old school kind of guy. Has sarcastic sense of humor. He will tell you how answers should be written. Strict on quizzes.

1/20/10

Math124

His grading depends on the kind of day he is having.

1/11/10

Math124

He is a nice enough guy, but if you need to understand what you are learning don't take his class. I worked my butt off I went to most of his office hours for help what a waist of time! He is quirky and confusing trust me if you need Math 124 take it from someone else!

12/20/09

MATH130

terrible teacher, he will mark correct answers wrong and he will call you out in front of the class and let them know you had trouble with certain things. BSU needs to get rid of this guy!

7/31/09

MATH108

Dr. Parsons is a good teacher. He cares about his students and is more than willing to help you in any way that he can. He is definitely strict about doing things his way and will mark off points for missed steps. Just let go of old habits and do it his way and you're golden. I'd definitely take more classes from him.

More Mathematics professors at Boise State University