in Borough of Manhattan Community College that teach Science Edit
B+

05/21/2014
good
AST 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B

Really good teacher. He's helpful and will try to make you understand the material the best he can. He doesn't require a textbook because he would rather you actually learn, instead of memorizing the book, and forgetting everything when class is over. He's very hands on with his teaching, just show up and do what you're supposed to and you'll pass.

11/10/2013
good
AST110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

I like this man he shares his love of the subject to his students. The quizzes are a bit tough. He is fun.

12/18/2011
Ast110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class has dropped my GPA. My GPA was 3.6. I prefer more traditional way of teaching. My friend took another astronomy professor and got an A very easy. Just stay away from this one, because he wants you to guess things and never tells you answers!!!! I tried to look up stuff online after class and some of the stuff was still left unclear.

07/25/2011
good
AST110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I was actually excited every time it was time to go to his class. Call him Barry. DONT SECOND GUESS YOUR ANSWERS ON TESTS! you're probably right the first time. GREAT prof! would take him again and again! Learned/still remember so much from this class

01/16/2011
ast110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

STAY AWAY! WILL MAKE UR GPA DROP! HORRIBLE!!!

09/28/2010
good

He teaches very few, very simple concepts throughout the semester. Here is where one recognizes his brilliance: he knows that his students won't remember anything that they are forced to memorize. It is better to teach a few things that they will remember forever. This method worked: I received an A. No t/book, no h/work. Extremely nice man.

08/05/2010
good
AST110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This professor is the best.I dont like science until I took his class. If you want an A take him and you will pass for sure. Hint, sit with smart people. He never answers questions but the trick is that if he answers your question with a question the your question is wrong. If he just stays quiet and nod then your answer is right lol.

05/24/2009
Ast110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He makes you think that if you do A work he will give you an A but he does'nt. If you want a very low gpa then take him. But if you want someone who is going to teach you take another professor where you can get a A for doing the work. His test are confusing. He doesn't give review sheets.

04/28/2009
good
astro101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

awesome prof. hes is very interesting. must take. not an easy A but you can work for it and its not hard work. classes are fun, a lot of group work, you have to figure out stuff. he is awesome. the way he teachs you will know everything by heart for the rest of your life trust me. he should teach all the science courses in bmcc.

01/15/2009
good
ast101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

easy A, really nice teacher, very interesting, class is always fun. Must take!!!!!!!!!!!!

05/22/2008
good
AST150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher, really interesting classes with fascinating discussions. High level of class participation. No memorization?you have to figure out things for yourself. Virtually no homework. There is a strong correlation between attendance and grade. This is a really valuable course and I loved Barry. He's cute and funny. Highly recommended.

good
ast110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This professor is the best i've had so far. I never liked science until i took his class he makes it so intriguing and entertaining. If you want an A take him and you will pass for sure.

good
AST110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love this teacher, I wish all my professor was like him. I hate science, but he made me like it. He very nice and he care about his students. I wish he could be my teacher for all my classes. If you want to get good grade take his class, he very easy.

12/19/2007
good

AMAZING!! He is the best science teacher ever!! I hated science until now! He puts all the notes online, NO MATH!! He gave three exams 20 questions multiplechoice.He drops your lowest exam! HE HELPS YOU DURING THE EXAMS TOO! He helps you with homework during office hours. I got an A on everything! TAKE HIM IF YOU WANT TO LEARN AND HAVE FUN! A++++++

03/15/2007
good
Ast110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This professor is fabulous, he really makes the class fun, and he makes sure you understand the material before moving on, there are only 5 exams, but they're really easy, and the labs are so much fun, you learn a lot and have fun. He's the best! I got an A in his class.