Benay Blend at Central New Mexico Community College

Benay Blend

Number of ratings 54 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/14/14

HIST 101

I learned sooo much in her class! It opened my eyes to so many things that had happened in the past that I had never thought about. Her class caused me to see the world in a different way. Isn't that the point of an education? Take her class if you have a chance!

5/14/14

Grade ReceivedA+

Dr. Blend was my Min Lit, American History and Special Projects professor. Her care for students and the subject matter set the bar high. I attribute much of my success and more of my well-rounded view of history and life, in general, to Dr. Blend. As in the "real world", nothing will be handed to you. You will have to earn it here.

5/12/14

LSMSA

Dr. Blend helped shape the course of my studies through college and beyond. She is demanding, and has a dry sense of humor; both of which I appreciated immensely. She taught and I learned. For that I am forever in her debt. Do yourself the favor of taking her classes.

5/12/14

Grade ReceivedB+

There are two kinds of students: those who love her and other. If you are a liberal and genuinely interested in history, you will probably love her class. For the rest of the population who may need motivation to get excited about the material, and especially for Republicans, find an instructor who suits your learning style.

5/11/14

LSMSA

She is extremely knowledgeable in her content area, offers fascinating discussions, and holds students to a high standard. I would rather be pushed to think critically and really dig deep to learn than sit back and have an easy class. This is not a class you can sleep in, but it is well worth the effort.

5/11/14

Lsmsa

One of the best and most dedicated teachers I have ever met. Take her class if you want to learn to think critically and challenge yourself.

5/10/14

HIST101

Dr. Blend is one of the best teachers I've ever had. Her class was challenging, but I learned so much!

5/10/14

HIST 101

Grade ReceivedA+

Great professor. Do not take her class if you are a lazy sack. DO take her class if you really want to learn, because she is a wealth of knowledge.

11/3/13

20220

she is a great, helpful teacher that treats you like an adult. do the work and pass.

8/23/13

HIST 1162

Dr. Blend is a great teacher. She just doesn't put up with blatant stupidity or laziness. We are college students; if you can manage to take notes during lectures, read books and write papers, you will get an A. I took 2 of her classes and had an A in both, going solely off of lecture and supplemental reading. I never even used the text book.

8/7/13

This Teacher is horrible, she does not care about the students interests, only her own. She will argue and make sassy remarks if you ask her a question. Her lectures are extremely boring, her voice is so low and its hard to keep up with notes.

7/25/13

History

She is such a rude teacher i wouldnt recommend her to anyone. I had the most miserable semester with this woman. Anytime we had questions she would respond in a rude remark. Not to mention she always made u feel stupid in front of othr classmates. Believe me u will regret taking her class as so many students dropped her class.

7/9/13

Hist 1161

Very rude and monotone. I have never had a problem with instructor other than her. You can't even ask a simple question without getting a rude remark back.

7/7/13

HIST 1162

At first I liked her because of her no-nonsense attitude. However as the semester went on her attitude towards students quickly developed into a hostile learning atmosphere. When a student asks a question her immediate response is "Did you read the book?" every time! So of course no one wanted to ask questions after that.

6/25/13

History

This is the absolute worst teach I have ever encountered. she doesnt teach, talkes about whatever she feels like for the day, hates when a student has a question she does no help if a student is lost, not only that she will make them feel stupid. she talks down her students. doesnt follow any kind of book, and when asked any questions get offended

6/24/13

History 1162

Dr. Blend is a horrible teacher, any directions that were given were very unclear, and if a question was asked she is very unwilling to help. She treats her students like they are in middle school, and she talks as though she is better then her students.Her lectures are read in a monotone, are boring and pointless.

5/9/13

Hist 1162

If you would like to be in a class where your questions are halfway answered and you are constantly referred to a text book, take this class. I am a history fanatic and sadly I learned a lot from the text book from this class, but nothing from the instructor. She brings in a set of notes and reads them to you, no real conversation. Very opinionated

12/10/12

HIST1162

she's a hard teacher but you can't be lazy and if you pay attention you learn a lot in her class. I'm horrible at english and history but i passed with an A because i tried and studied.

7/6/12

Hist1161

I really liked this teacher and would take her again for another history class. If your a good student you will be fine but if you just want to slack off you wont pass

11/12/11

histo1160

I can't believe some of this rating I never saw some of this remarks. You did have to pay attention if you are to get a good grade but this is true for any class. If your are going to argue with a teacher you were never taught respect when growing up. I think she was one of the easiest teacher you can get at cnm

More History professors at Central New Mexico Community College