Rebecca Fredrickson at University of Alberta

Rebecca Fredrickson

Number of ratings 24 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

8/30/12

ENGL124

Super nice professor! Very helpful at all times and a fair marker. You can do well if you try hard. Less reading required than most other courses but they were still interesting. It's not impossible to get an A if you work hard. Strongly recommended!

5/1/12

ENGL124

Very nice lady, but the readings are terrible. Poor writing, poor content - borderline erotica at times. I had English major friends apologizing on behalf of the English department. Class discussions were good, she marks essays on the tough side.

3/19/12

Eng124

helpful prof. fair marker. her classes can get quite boring at time as all we do is having discussions about the stories we read, but she tries hard to make things interesting. one good/bad thing about her class is that you will never have to worry about plagiarism because all the stories we read are not well-known ones that her friends wrote.

3/8/12

ENGL124

A very nice prof who is always willing to help. Class is easygoing and mainly discussion based which helps with the analyses of the texts, which included poems, short stories and a play, so no novels. She's often ambiguous but tries her best to clarify when asked questions. Marking is fairly reasonable. Classes can be quite slow and boring though.

1/6/12

ENGL124

A pretty easy-going class mostly focused on class discussion. I'm not sure I learned much about literary theory, but it definitely helped with my essay writing skills. We were given bonus marks on the final exam for going to see a play we read in class, which was pretty nice.

12/4/11

ENG124

I really enjoyed being in Rebecca's class, definitely one of my favourite classes this term! She is engaging, is super nice and really tries to promote class discussions. Very helpful, available during office hours, and provides constructive criticism. She is a very fair marker, I highly recommend her. :)

12/4/11

ENGL124

Super easy class as long as you do some of the readings a write a decent essay. But don't bother trying to ask her any questions, all you get is answers that are super unclear.

11/25/11

ENGL124

I thought the class was pretty boring to be honest, but there's some class/ group discussions that makes the class more enjoyable to attend. She tries to be helpful, but one time, I had to wait nearly 2 1/2 hours before it was my turn to talk to her. She's a really nice lady though and her marking style is fair

11/9/11

ENGL124

she was pretty good at first, marked kind of easy on the first assignments... then she marked real hard on the essay. doesnt even tell you what she really wants on the essay & shes a major goof, like laughs at everything & its not even funny. dont reconmmend her honestly she aint nothing special. & if your in her class your going to die of boredom

7/25/11

ENGL124

I liked her but didn't love her. Her class was so easy but very boring. It was more a struggle to stay awake than anything. Cheap because she makes her own textbook and she marks decently. She is super nice though so I'd recommend her for sure!

1/13/11

Engl124

Excellent prof. Highlight of my 1st semester at the U of A. Very approachable, super friendly. Offered to write me a reference letter in the future if I ever needed one! A bit of a tough marker, but you can get things straightened out if u go talk to her. W/o a doubt, the nicest person I have ever met.

12/18/10

Engl124

I took it last year. Best english professor ive ever had in my life. i think this is the first time i actually enjoyed english. The only thing was she took your % mark and literally converted it out of 4 to give a letter grade rather than the normal 85+ is an A...but she helped a LOT and marked really fairly so it more than made up for it.

8/23/10

ENGL124

Rebecca Fredrickson is a GODDESS. I never really enjoyed English before, but she made the materials so much fun. You'd think that writing essays would be strenuous, but if you're in her class - you'd at least enjoy writing it. I highly recommend her to anyone - whether you have interest in English or none at all.

8/2/10

ENG124

She is the best prof. As a student, I love and admire her. The class is interesting and helpful.

5/13/10

engl124

best english prof. hands down. Kicks ass! she is amazing and if you are lucky enough to get in her class you will learn, understand and succeed

12/23/09

ENG124

I have had 15 prof in UA so far. I rate rebecca to be THE BEST prof. In fact, compare to all my instructors throughout junior high and senior high, i would still rate her to be the BEST. I came from a 55% on the eng 30 diploma, and ended up a 80% in her class. She is EXTREMELY helpfu, EXTREMELY pleasant, i felt EXTREMELY honored to be in her class.

12/23/09

ENG124

The BEST instructor!! She is really kind and extremely helpful. Respects everyones opinions and great class discussions! She is a fair marker and exactly tells you what she wants. Her class isn't really easy but if you put in the effort you can definitely ace it! I LOVED her class!! I definitely recommend her!!(specially for first year students)

12/13/09

Engl124

Helpful and very happy to help

1/6/09

Eng111

Greatest teacher ever! Amazing book selection and interesting class discusions. I looked forward to every class.

12/9/08