Howard Ross at University of Wisconsin - Whitewater

Howard Ross

Number of ratings 32 / Average Grade:  B- Submit a correction

3/3/14

GENED390

Howard is a good guy in the classroom and is enjoyable to listen to. helps you understand the reading material well. When it comes to grading a paper though, I do not think he even read it in depth. In 6 days I received a grade I think I did a little better than. He is a tough grader but class is worth going to.

12/16/13

GENED 390

Some of the hardest papers I have ever had to write. The class is a GENED and he takes it too seriously. he doesnt explain his grading and is never available to meet. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

12/1/13

Grade ReceivedB-

Told us we would not receive a good grade on our papers if it was a topic he has seen before. Oh and the book you write on doesn't count as a reference in the paper you write...explain that to me. Changed the take home exam to in class half-way through the course. DO NOT TAKE HIM!!!

10/29/13

PHIL241

Horrible teacher! DO NOT TAKE HIM! If you have an abstract thought keep it to yourself. He basically called me a Nazi for using Hitler as an example then continued to insult me both in class n email said this direct quote in an email"I do not understand why you or anyone else for that matter would even turn in an inferior paper in the first place."

8/3/13

PHIL241

He gave me the D alright. I deserved it. Great class though, I really enjoyed being in his lectures

7/11/13

GENED 390

I really enjoyed the class. I was not all that interested in taking it at first, but he expanded my reading list to choices outside of this century. I found the books he chose to teach about interesting and he really gets into them. He really likes the material so he teaches it well. Only two papers and a take home quiz, but lots of reading.

6/27/13

COS126

He gave me the grade I deserved.

5/16/13

Philsphy 241

Fun teacher to listen listen to. However, when it comes to taking grades and keeping track of class he is the worst teacher I have ever had. His attendance grading is shakey at best. I received A's on 4 out of the 5 biggest grades throughout the semester; however I received a B- due to attendance when missing no more than 2 classes.

4/26/13

COS126

good lord

4/26/13

Philo241

Great teacher i learnt alot from him, although hes harsh on people who arn't willing to try.He happily helps you with any issues you have and provides alternative sources to study.

12/7/12

Philo241

Horrible teacher. Does not make anything clear about what he wants on papers. Talks about his life during class instead of the content. I learned absolutely nothing from his class and would never suggest him as a teacher.

12/6/12

Phils241

I do not recommend this teacher at all. He was awful and unclear about what he wanted on every assignment. He gave me a 90% on one of my papers and said it really interested him in his comments and then changed it to a 70% without changing the comments. He's also never prepares you for tests and rambles about nothing. DONT TAKE HIM.

12/4/12

Philo241

Sure his lectures are interesting but if you do not share his ideas he has biased grading. And for the tests, none of the information gone over in class is on it, making the lectures pointless to go to.

5/1/12

GENED390

Terrible professor! He is very picky with grading and grades very low. He does not come prepared to class because he says that he has read the same books for the past 10 years. Also, if you do not have the same ideas as he does...your wrong. The class is called World of Ideas. So why cant we have our own ideas. Do not take this professor!

HIST101

Great teacher, clear with instructions, very helpful, and textbook use was great. Oh and hes very funny with his one liners. But be warned, hes hard. Oh is he hard...

GHTD1

He really gave it to the class god. It was very pleasurable going to his class. He loved Rene Descartes and was very flattering. Would definitely take him agin.

HIST202

A great man ! He has a great passion for Rene Descartes and the White house. I highly recommend him if you need taking lessons on about everything.

3/6/12

GHTD101

Great class, with open discussion. He's always making hilarious comments. He really likes rene descartes, obama and mandingo.

2/14/12

gened390

Its an okay class alot of reading but we watch the movies of each book that we read. Hes a funny guy but can get off subject very easily.

1/14/11

PHILS241

He rambles about nothing. I can tell you all about butterflies & the matrix, but nothing about philosophy. His tests are ridiculously hard, and he doesn't prepare you for them. He's not understanding about anything. Does not care if you fail. Don't bother asking for help, you wont get it. I do not recommend him at all.

More Philosophy professors at University of Wisconsin - Whitewater