in University of Wisconsin - Whitewater that teach Philosophy Edit
at University of Wisconsin - Whitewater, Whitewater, WI
are you Howard Ross?
B-

05/30/2014
GenEd 390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: C

nice guy, sucky choice in books. You read books that you read in high school. Super easy class two 8-10pg research papers, take home final.

05/13/2014
PHIL 241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Fun to listen to, hilarious guy, but not a great teacher. Just rambles on about stuff and grades essays VERY critically. I did get the grade I deserved, I was just looking forward to this class, and did not end up enjoying it very much

05/11/2014
philosophy 241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+

Worst philosophy professor possible. 100% lectures in what should be a discussion based class and frequently goes on completely unrelated tangents for long periods of time. He barely seems to know the philosophies he fails to teach. Also while his tests are easy his papers are absurd and he bases a massive amount of points on your sources.

05/05/2014
PHILSPHY 241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

AWEFUL! The class was boring and there was no discussion where it should've been a discussion based class. Just got lectured at. Also, went a huge tangents that were distracting. I hated the class and was just hoping to pass with what I could get. DONT TAKE.

03/03/2014
GENED390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Howard is a good guy in the classroom and is enjoyable to listen to. helps you understand the reading material well. When it comes to grading a paper though, I do not think he even read it in depth. In 6 days I received a grade I think I did a little better than. He is a tough grader but class is worth going to.

12/16/2013
GENED 390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Some of the hardest papers I have ever had to write. The class is a GENED and he takes it too seriously. he doesnt explain his grading and is never available to meet. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

12/01/2013
GENED390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B-

Told us we would not receive a good grade on our papers if it was a topic he has seen before. Oh and the book you write on doesn't count as a reference in the paper you write...explain that to me. Changed the take home exam to in class half-way through the course. DO NOT TAKE HIM!!!

10/29/2013
PHIL241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Horrible teacher! DO NOT TAKE HIM! If you have an abstract thought keep it to yourself. He basically called me a Nazi for using Hitler as an example then continued to insult me both in class n email said this direct quote in an email"I do not understand why you or anyone else for that matter would even turn in an inferior paper in the first place."

08/03/2013
good
PHIL241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He gave me the D alright. I deserved it. Great class though, I really enjoyed being in his lectures

07/11/2013
good
GENED 390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed the class. I was not all that interested in taking it at first, but he expanded my reading list to choices outside of this century. I found the books he chose to teach about interesting and he really gets into them. He really likes the material so he teaches it well. Only two papers and a take home quiz, but lots of reading.

06/27/2013
good
COS126 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He gave me the grade I deserved.

05/16/2013
Philsphy 241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Fun teacher to listen listen to. However, when it comes to taking grades and keeping track of class he is the worst teacher I have ever had. His attendance grading is shakey at best. I received A's on 4 out of the 5 biggest grades throughout the semester; however I received a B- due to attendance when missing no more than 2 classes.

04/26/2013
COS126 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

good lord

04/26/2013
good
Philo241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher i learnt alot from him, although hes harsh on people who arn't willing to try.He happily helps you with any issues you have and provides alternative sources to study.

12/07/2012
Philo241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Horrible teacher. Does not make anything clear about what he wants on papers. Talks about his life during class instead of the content. I learned absolutely nothing from his class and would never suggest him as a teacher.

12/06/2012
Phils241 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I do not recommend this teacher at all. He was awful and unclear about what he wanted on every assignment. He gave me a 90% on one of my papers and said it really interested him in his comments and then changed it to a 70% without changing the comments. He's also never prepares you for tests and rambles about nothing. DONT TAKE HIM.

12/04/2012

Sure his lectures are interesting but if you do not share his ideas he has biased grading. And for the tests, none of the information gone over in class is on it, making the lectures pointless to go to.

05/01/2012
GENED390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Terrible professor! He is very picky with grading and grades very low. He does not come prepared to class because he says that he has read the same books for the past 10 years. Also, if you do not have the same ideas as he does...your wrong. The class is called World of Ideas. So why cant we have our own ideas. Do not take this professor!

03/08/2012
good
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher, clear with instructions, very helpful, and textbook use was great. Oh and hes very funny with his one liners. But be warned, hes hard. Oh is he hard...

03/08/2012
good
GHTD1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He really gave it to the class god. It was very pleasurable going to his class. He loved Rene Descartes and was very flattering. Would definitely take him agin.