in University of Houston-Clear Lake that teach Social Work Edit
at University of Houston-Clear Lake, Houston, TX
are you Dana Smith?
C

01/10/2014
SOCW 2361 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Good class but I wish the teacher was more involved in online classes. I took about 5 quizzes and 2 test in this class.

05/09/2013
good
SWRK 4134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I've had her for 2 classes now and she is my favorite prof by far. She encourages class participation and discussion and really makes you think critically. She's exteremly fair and her lectures are wonderful. I looked forward to going to her class every week and I've learned so much from her.She is hard to reach outside of class however.

02/21/2013
good
SWRK4034 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The textbook was easy to read and the discussions come directly from the text. I thought she was easy to listen to, very understanding, and cares about her students. I liked the class, so I learned a lot. But, she is a super easy grader, and I think I could have gotten an A without trying.

12/11/2012
good
SWRK4034 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very nice professor. Her class was easy and interesting. A lot of the time was spent with class discussion, but it is not mandatory to participate(for those who are shy). I enjoyed taking this class. Recommend!!

12/12/2011
PSYC5134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Dr.Smith was really not into teaching the class. She appeared distant and at times resentful of students questions. Dr. Smith's grading also reflected her attitude in class and I was able to get good grades with little effort. Dr. Smith is easy and I recommend anyone not wanting to do the work to take her class.

11/29/2011
PSYC5134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Smith is an okay teacher, but it is impossible to reach her-she DOES NOT check her email. The workload was easy; weekly critical thinking essays and one presentation. Her study guide for the midterm was helpful. Not a hard class at all, I just wish she was accessible to students and would cut back n the personal stories.

06/06/2011
swrk4137 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I agree with the other posts that Dr. Smith was clueless with regard to social welfare policy and it helped me get an A in the course. She did not scrutinize my papers and the papers I submitted were total crap. Much thanks to Dr.Smith!

05/27/2011
SWRK4137 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

It was hard to tell who was teaching who in this class. Dana Smith seemed more dependent on students teaching themsleves and her on the merits of Social Welfare Policy and Services. This course reached new lows in higher education. Dana Smith should keep her day job and leave teaching to the professionals for the sake of student welfare.

05/26/2011
SWRK4137 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Avoid Dana Smith if at all possible. She does not know her way around SWRK 4137 and lies to cover up her incompetence. She is very disrespectful to students, especially Hispanic students. Why did she choose the socialwork field?

05/09/2011
SWRK4137 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

How did this professor Dana Smith, get hired. I did not learn anything from this class, except her personal life which is all she ever lectured about. I think everybody was disappointed with the class.