in Florida SouthWestern State College that teach Biology Edit
at Florida SouthWestern State College, Fort Myers, FL
are you Derick Donnell?
B

01/06/2014
API Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

Dr. D isn't an easy act to follow. He goes through power points that are pre made from the book company, often saying 'you dont need me for this'. He also said more than once when asked a question that something was 'out of his pay grade' meaning he wouldn't explain. I got a high B, but will take someone else for A&P II.

01/06/2014
BSC 1093C Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

This professor is the worst I've had at Edison. He is full of himself, and does NOT back it up at all. He skips thru powerpoints and says what you need to know, but does not TEACH you. He babbles on about useless topics, he says you'll get your money's worth out of him, but I found him a complete & utter WASTE. DO NOT TAKE HIM. Not even an eay A.

12/16/2013
good
bsc1933 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

A little confused as to why he has such low rating. Just finished up his class and found him to be great professor. Buy the book, study clinical connections and the self quiz at the end of each chapter, get an A. He is a busy man, but is willing to help out if you ask him. He's not a hand holder- grow up. I am taking him for A&P2-highly recommend

10/29/2013
Biology Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

BEWARE! WORST PROF! Spends most of class time talking about loyalty, gay marriage, healthcare reform, etc. Does not read power points, teach,go over book, or offer direction for study, Gives out cell number but never answers/doesn't check or respond to emails. entire class based on only 4 exams and a research paper.

04/25/2013
good
BSC1093C Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. D is an interesting character. I found his multiple choice tests to be easy. Study beforehand, paying attention to the clinical connections and other things he points out during class. A&P is a difficult subject, so you have to study. He's serious about prepping his students for the real world. I am taking him for A&P II as well.

01/10/2013
good
bscBSC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took Dr. D for intro to A&P and A&P I. He is an awesome teacher. He makes it all about us students. I got An A in his class. Key is to study Clinical Connections, Medical Terminology, and Review from the back of the chapters. He talks about real life issues. I Really enjoyed his class.

09/17/2012
good
BSC1093 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Donnell is a nice guy but can be annoying at times. He can have an arrogant attitude. He gives about 7 exams a semester, giving you 4 days to go over about 100 pages of material and the exams are 100 questions multiple choice. Hes not too bad but I will not take him for A&P 2. I need a professor who wants to teach me, not challenge me.

07/02/2012
good
AP105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took Dr. D for A&P I. he is an awesome teacher. It was really about us students. I got An A out of his class. Key is to study Clinical Connections, Medical Terminology, and Review from the back of the chapters. Really enjoyed his class.

04/25/2012
good
BSC1093 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Really hard class, I mean, anatomy itself is hard. This professor is AWESOME!!!! Really helpful, if you actually study, you will get a good grade, I'm taking him for Anatomy and Physiology 2.

07/15/2009
good
BSC1094 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. D likes to talk about real world issues in class but also covers the textbook in detail. Everything on the test is in the textbook. Pay attention to his review and the medical terminology, clinical connections and the diseases in the textbook. This is a fast paced class but Dr. D and Shannah, his good looking assistant, are nice and helpful.