Castro-Gonzales at Diablo Valley College

Castro-Gonzales

Number of ratings 14 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/30/11

MATH191

I took his summer precalculus class, and I really like it and learned from it. Great preparation for Calculus I. however, I absolutely do not recommend him for anyone who barely passed their previous math class. He's kinda difficult. Accent is heavy and occasionally obscures his lessons. VERY quirky personality, but he really likes what he teaches.

8/18/10

math120

I hated math and struggled along hopelessly until I took this teacher's class. I lived in the math lab. I bombed one test but he was merciful and passed me because he saw my hours spent in the math lab. I took him during the summer. He is also cute...in a quirky sort of way...easy on the eyes and the ears. Study hard and you will pass.

7/21/10

Math135

The WORST teacher I ever had. Does not explain the material, and he does not care enough for his students to go over the material. Our entire grade depends on four tests and a final, but he still takes attendance TWICE a day, even though it doesn't count for anything. He puts things on tests that we never went over in class. DO NOT TAKE HIM!

7/14/10

Math135

Please do not take his class. He is not willing to help and he often makes inappropriate remarks during class. He is often lost when he is doing examples and he often loses track of what problem step he is on. Wait until next semester to take a class if he is teaching the class. Its just not worth your money and time. Happy studying!

3/24/10

MATH192

I don't know why there is so much negative feedback for this guy. Yes, his accent is heavy, yes, he uses examples from the book, and yes, he moves fast. But he's smart, funny, willing to help those who really try, and if you can understand him and keep up, he can teach you a lot in a very short time. I'd love to have him again.

11/30/09

math192

Heavy accent. doesnt like to help, told me to not even worry about studying for the final and that I should drop out. He told me this after I asked for some help on a homework problem. He uses all the easy problems for examples and actually uses the ones given in the book. Then he'll use the hardest problems on the test. Should have dropped sooner.

8/8/09

math120

demanding teacher. If you spend time in lab, show up on time and regular to class and do the homework you should pass. I took the class in summer school so lived in the lab.

7/21/09

math191

The worst teacher I have never ever had. If there is no more class available for your maths class, you better wait till next semster.His classes is always available for reasons, take my word. He always slove problems in a more difficult way and he grade hard on the tests and exams. Good luck for those who are going to pick his classes

6/16/09

MATH192

Absolutely the worst professor I have ever had. He does not give any consideration to any questions or concerns. What he teaches is rarely the way the textbook shows. Exam problems and instructions were never mentioned in lecture or in the HW. Never gives clear instructions, but fully expects students to know everything. DO NOT TAKE HIS CLASS

5/29/09

calc192

the worst teacher

5/13/08

math135

Castro Gonzalez is difficult to understand due to his heavy accent. He is a decent instructor and allowed us to use notes on the tests. His tests were moderately difficult but he often picked the hardest type of problems from the problem set. I would not recommend him.

12/21/07

Math110

He is an unnecessarily harsh grader. If you do not become one of his favorites, you are screwed. He was the worst teacher I have ever had. As others have already noted, he is very difficult to understand and makes up his own methods constantly. He is also very inflexible.

11/12/07

Math135

Agreed with everything everyone else says. He definetely picks favorites. If you look dumb, he'll hate you. He only likes smart students and is a very harsch grader. You can't understand anything that comes out of his mouth. He makes up his own things, he doesnt really follow the book concepts. Ridiculous class, I ended up dropping.

5/16/07

math142

Horrible teacher. You cannot even understand half of what comes out of his mouth. He assumes his students already know everything, he doesn't teach what the book says, he makes up his own concepts and ideas. He picks favorites, if you look smart, he'll like you. He assigns tons of hw, not very nice when it comes to grading. Joke of a class.

More Mathematics professors at Diablo Valley College