in University of Alabama Huntsville that teach Education Edit

5 Professor's Notes
05/13/2014
good
ED307 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Kovacs aka horse lover Smith is my favorite! He gives you reading assignments not to just ignore them. You must read! The class revolves around class discussion, so talk. Dr. Kovacs is a fun, challenging and awesome professor. You will ponder on class discussions constantly. With your peers outside of class and when your trying to fall asleep.

05/15/2013
good
ED 305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr.Kovacs does a really great job of making sure you belong in education. He challenges you to see the world differently in order to understand the current issues with the education system. You MUST read for the class and attend. He's a great teacher, and I will miss him during his sabbatical.

05/11/2013
good
ED 305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Kovacs is by far my favorite professor. This class could have easily been boring and a waste of time, but he managed to keep it interesting and taught in a way so that I had to utilize critical thinking daily. A definite eye-opener as a future educator and the best class I have had thus far. Disappointed I don't have him in future classes.

05/02/2013
good
ed350 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Kovacs is hands down my favorite professor. He means business & is passionate about molding future educators. He definitely weeds out the weak & will help you decide if teaching is for you or not. He cares for his students deeply & makes an effort to make class fun & actually relevant to our lives. I love Dr. K & wish I could have him again!

04/29/2013
good
ED 430 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed this class. I took it fall semester. He'll also give you a new perspective on the education system and made me , at least, want to try and change it. SPEAK IN CLASS. It helps you understand the material + it's a discussion based course. lots of writing too. one of the best professors i've ever had. wish i had another class with him

Posted on: 04/24/12
Last Updated:

This clarity stuff bugs me. How about a little cognitive confusion in order to invite the learner to bring order to her/his consciousness? Perhaps we suffer from too much clarity in education...too much hand holding and spoon feeding.

Posted on: 04/25/12
Last Updated:

I'm seeing someone about the compliments thing, and I view this entire rating spectacle as pure ego stroking so clearly I'm making progress. As for "spitting" students "out" ... I'm not sure what to make of that. Is that a compliment or a warning?

Posted on: 01/04/13
Last Updated:

The assertion that I don't allow for critique in my courses is demonstrably false. Note the comments below. My courses ARE critique, the handful of you who cannot grasp that do not belong in classrooms, spaces where you will constantly be critiqued by students, peers, administrators, parents, and unfortunately politicians.

Posted on: 02/16/13
Last Updated:

"Don't criticize him in person" seems like a general decency that should be extended to anyone. Not sure it requires being pointed out on here. I appreciate being called "good at research" though I'm not sure what you mean by that...I can find stuff if I look?

Posted on: 04/29/13
Last Updated:

"He's a professor at UAH." Thanks for the constructive criticism! If you are headed into education, do the children a favor and change directions...with that kind of feedback they would be better off with a standardized test score.