Philip Kovacs at University of Alabama Huntsville

Philip Kovacs

Number of ratings 64 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/13/14

ED307

Dr. Kovacs aka horse lover Smith is my favorite! He gives you reading assignments not to just ignore them. You must read! The class revolves around class discussion, so talk. Dr. Kovacs is a fun, challenging and awesome professor. You will ponder on class discussions constantly. With your peers outside of class and when your trying to fall asleep.

5/15/13

ED 305

Dr.Kovacs does a really great job of making sure you belong in education. He challenges you to see the world differently in order to understand the current issues with the education system. You MUST read for the class and attend. He's a great teacher, and I will miss him during his sabbatical.

5/11/13

ED 305

Dr. Kovacs is by far my favorite professor. This class could have easily been boring and a waste of time, but he managed to keep it interesting and taught in a way so that I had to utilize critical thinking daily. A definite eye-opener as a future educator and the best class I have had thus far. Disappointed I don't have him in future classes.

5/2/13

ed350

Kovacs is hands down my favorite professor. He means business & is passionate about molding future educators. He definitely weeds out the weak & will help you decide if teaching is for you or not. He cares for his students deeply & makes an effort to make class fun & actually relevant to our lives. I love Dr. K & wish I could have him again!

4/29/13

ED 430

I really enjoyed this class. I took it fall semester. He'll also give you a new perspective on the education system and made me , at least, want to try and change it. SPEAK IN CLASS. It helps you understand the material + it's a discussion based course. lots of writing too. one of the best professors i've ever had. wish i had another class with him

1/7/13

ED305

Wonderful Instructor!!!, He WILL challenge you but it's all worth it, besides, the world is going to challenge you so why not let someone who actually CARES try you out first:-)

1/6/13

ED305

Dr. Kovacs will challenge you to take what you have read from the book and to think about how you feel about the topic as well as relate it to what you are observing, great for helping you decide if you are in the right place or not.

1/4/13

ED305

Returns graded work in a timely fashion. Hes good at research. Topics covered in class are current and applicable. Dont criticize him in person or on here but DO talk in class to offer classmates your perspectives on ED topics. Maybe go meet with him in person/sit in on a class to decide for yourself. Ask around for opinions in person, too.

21206824
1/3/13

EH698

Kovacs' has mastered the art of being a highly intellectual, motivational educator and a genuine, down-to-earth human being. He taught his courses using the same principles he asked us to use in our own classrooms (a novelty these days) and went above and beyond the call of duty to answer emails and meet outside of class. Kovacs is exemplary.

1/3/13

ED430

Thought provoking challenging racism and biases, provides excellent tools for promoting cultural diversity and teaching strategies to improve student engagement and hands on learning. Awesome!

1/2/13

ED305

He is a professor at UAH.

21195731

ED305

This was my first college course that actually made my opinion feel useful and wanted.Rather than having us listen and repeat what he thought, Dr. Kovacs preferred to know what we thought about the material in the textbook.

ED305

I buggered up my rating scale for ED430 & it's unchangable. Comment is the same: Dr. Kovacs takes his job seriously & he expects his students to take thier education seriously. He is unorthodox but brilliant. He will challenge each student to think & explain their thinking. Read the book, form your own opinion & don't use any excuses. That is all.

Take your education seriously. Go to class. Read. Think. Explain. Repeat

ED430

Best advice? Read the books and give your own opinion during class discussions. He is going to make you speak either way so don't try to fight it. Loves giving essays so be ready to write. He is a pretty good teacher, had an honest desire of fixing the education system and to become a better teacher himself.

Ed1

This class made me feel extremely stupid sometimes and frustrating but was also very inspiring and made me what to do better!! A very big eye opener

12/31/12

ED430

Dr.Kovacs is a great professor in that he is different from other teachers that I have had. What I really like is that he uses student-student interaction when teaching. If there is anything in the class that is unclear he can help clarify the problem but you have to ask. I would recommend him for any other student who wishes to take his class.

12/31/12

ED698

Dr. Kovacs is the best. If you put in the effort, he will do everything he can to help you. This rating scale doesn't express how highly I think of this professor. He helped me see that my degree would not just earn me a paycheck, but that I could make a difference for those who need it.

12/30/12

ED430

Dr. Kovacs is a tough professor to have, but I enjoyed his class. He really makes you think about everything, which is needed. He can come off as judging, but he really cares about his students. Some may not like him, but I think he is honestly one of the best professors I've ever had.

12/30/12

ED430

Dr. Kovacs is dedicated to teaching and to students. He has high expectations but rewards good work freely. This class was informative and eye-opening. If you are willing to read and think critically and want to learn how to make a difference, I highly recommend Dr. Kovacs' classes.

More Education professors at University of Alabama Huntsville